Install error 0x8007045d

Yesterday when attempting to install the new update it took multiple attempts over two days to install .  Along with that every time I attempt to install any games, the only download for a min or two than the download stops.   I get error 0x8007045d.   I have turned on/off, soft reset, hard rest, factory reset, and tried offline, have hit hard wired in to the router.  Any thoughts?  It is an xbox 1 x that has never had an issue before.  This seems like an issue that has happened to alot of people?  I am thinking it is done for.  Will Microsoft fix/replace?

Hiya, this problem is somewhat frequent but has 4 possible solutions, i'll list them below:

Solution 1: Check to see if the game is updating

You can see this message if you try to start a game while it’s being updated. To check if that’s happening:

From the Home screen, go to My games & apps > Games.

Select Queue to see if the game you want to play is getting an update.

If the game isn’t updating, do the following.

Solution 2: Restart your console

Press and hold the Xbox button  in the center of your Xbox One controller to open the Power Center.

Select Restart console.

Select Restart

Note If your Xbox is frozen, press and hold the console’s power button for 10 seconds. After the console shuts down, restart it.

If the game isn’t updating and you get the message again after restarting your Xbox, do one of the following.

Solution 3: Reset your Xbox while keeping your games

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Go to the System tab and select Settings.

Go to System > Console info and select Reset console.

On the confirmation dialog, choose Reset and keep my games & apps.

In your games list, select your partially installed game to open its detail page in the Microsoft Store. Complete the installation by selecting Install.

As an alternative to resetting your Xbox, you could delete and reinstall your game. Depending on the size of the game, this could take longer than resetting.

Solution 4: Delete and reinstall the game

From the Home screen, select My games & apps > Games.

Focus on the game, press the Menu button  on your controller, and select Uninstall.

Go to the Ready to install tab, find the game, and reinstall it.

Cheers,

-NP

If this helped you make sure to mark it as answered or you'll get spammed by like 50 ambassadors :3

NoPawse

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Do you have an external HDD connected to the console?

Have you power cycled your network hardware?

Try this ... Turn off the console and remove the power cable and the external HDD, if you have one attached.

Power cycle your network hardware and wait till its functional (green lights) before restoring power to the console and turn on.

Removing the external HDD is to eliminate a potential fault giving this i/o error.

Let us know if this helped

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem n my x box started messing up two weeks ago I couldn't even play a game. Since I've had 4 different error codes come up. It was working perfectly before this happened. What is going on.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there walkerJake,  

I’m sorry to hear about any issues you may be having. If you haven’t already, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. That way we can tailor our support specifically to you! 

(V) (°,,,,°) (V)

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 15, 2024 Views 1,888 Applies to: