Input Lag

I have been searching the internet for hours for a solution to my inout lag for my xbox 360 slim. I am using a samsung hdtv. I have tried switching components, switching to hdmi, turning on "game mode" and I have gone through most of my settings to lower the quality / high-res details. I am now getting desperate. I am unable to return the tv so just cross that off the list. I know the Samsung tv's are notorious for input lag. I know I should have kept that in mind when buying my xbox 360. This is not my first xbox though either. I had the original xbox 360 as well but played it on a non-hdtv so I have never faced this problem. Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

Hi, when you say input lag what exactly are you experiencing? I have used samsung tv's for years with my consoles and they most certainly do not show any type of "input lag". Try resetting the display settings on your console, power the console on using the guide button on your controller, as the console starts up press and hold Y and the right trigger, the console should restart and the display settings will be reset.

-

Game mode on your Samsung TV will disable all the processing modes the tv uses and does make a difference.

When the going gets tough find something easier to do.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there,

I've been using Samsung tv's as well, and in game mode I don't experience any noticeble input lag.

Have you checked if there is a firmware update available for your TV ? If so, try to see if that makes a difference

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have come to realize that the firmware is not up to date. It is not only my tv so I will see if I can update it. That never came into mind over the few hours (yes hours) I spent trying to fix this. The tv is "older" than most hdtv so that could be the problem. Once again thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for coming back and letting us know where you're at TRiP! Let us know if that ends up resolving your issue, we'll be here either way. :)

Sorry this didn't help.