Input Issues - Blank Screen

Sorry if this is not the specific forum for this, but I was unable to find one that fit under the catagory of the issue i'm having. I was messing around with some HD settings on my consol, and the point being, was to try and reduce input lag on my TV. However, I was looking at some of the diferent menu options, and I tried a very high pixel rate HDTV input setting on the XBOX (250g slim) consol (Not the TV setting) just to see how it would look. Well, it was not supported by my TV, and now the screen is just blank, and my TV is giving me "Mode Not Supported", and the only way to change it, is to go into my xbox settings, and choose a diferent option. Well, this is merely impossible, since the screen has no picture at all. I am unable to use a diferent input since I do not own a component cable, or a VGA that is compatible for the xbox 360. Suggestions anyone?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

What input HDMI or AV2

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The Xbox Hardware techs may know of a way to reset the console to use standard settings without attaching it to a 240Hz TV. I'd suggest contacting them directly.

Use the Click2Call system to get to the head of the queue. Right now, the hold time is less than a minute per the web page.

1) Go to support.xbox.com/.../browse

2) At upper right click on SIGN IN to sign in w/ your Windows Live ID & pswd

3) Go to the dark grey bar at bottom. Find CONTACT US at left and click on it

4) On the Contact Us page, set Prduct to Xbox 360, set Category to Audio Video Setup and Use

5) Scroll down to REQUEST A CALL FROM SUPPORT and click on REQUEST A CALL

6) You will be prompted for your password again

7) On the Request A Call screen, check (and, if needed, update) your phone number in Step 1, and put your description in the Step 2 'Tell us more about your issue' box then click the green SUBMIT button at lower left.

And, OBTW, the least worst forum here would seem to be Forum 04, but picking the perfect forum to use for your problem is not intuitive, please don't worry about posting a little bit off target.

Sorry this didn't help.

Reset the display settings of your console. Here's how:

Remove any discs from the disc tray.

Turn off the console.

Turn on the console.

Note If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, turn on the console by using the Guide button on the controller. Make sure that you use the player 1 controller when you do this. The player 1 controller will have the upper-left light illuminated.

As the console starts, on the controller, press and hold Y while pulling the right trigger. The display settings are reset to the default settings, and then the console automatically restarts.

Sorry this didn't help.

What option did you choose? You should only choose the highest input that your HDTV supports. Anyways, if you're using the AV cords (the color cords) for a connection then you should switch the option off of the "HD" option to the standard. This should tell your Xbox to send data in SD to your TV. You can then go into your settings and put the correct input on. Be sure you check your TV's highest definition before changing it again.

-

If you have an HDMI then your Xbox should have automatically gone back to the last definition you were on after 10 seconds or so, that way you aren't stuck on a black screen. If it didn't then you must have confirmed it on accident.

-

I can tell you the exact button pushes to hit that way you can click them without needing to see the screen. This will go into settings and change your definition to the lowest possible:

1. Turn your Xbox on.

2. Click "RB" 7 times to reach the Settings section.

3.Click "A" 4 times to reach the HDTV options.

4. Click "LT" 1 time to reach the "optimal resolution" setting.

5. Click "A" and your Xbox should auto-set to the correct resolution, and your screen should be visible again.

-

I hope this will help. Be sure you're doing those steps straight from startup. Any mis-click will require to restart your Xbox and do them again.

Sorry this didn't help.