Initial Xbox Live Set up

Ok, got a question. I got my wife a new Xbox 360. In the initial setup, you had to put in an email and password I guess to set up the gamertag and account. Since she already had a profile and gamertag on mine, I figured that I could just put in her email address and password (hotmail account) in and it would load her account.   It told me that the information I entered was associated with another account, duh.  I couldn't figure out a way around it in order for her to get in, so I set up an account under another email address.  It gave me an obscure gamertag profile that is now on the system.

Ok, I was able to download her profile into Xbox live using the initial email that I tried to put in and it took it so now I have her original gamertag that logs her in when you turn on the Xbox.  My question is about the other gamertag profile. Can I delete that or will that screw something up with how the Xbox 360 will run? Not sure what to do here and was wondering if someone could let me know my options.  She got a 1 month gold with the Xbox, do I have to load it under the gamertag that was used on setup or can I use it for her gamertag and profile?  I'm just not sure how all this works, and I don't want to mess anything up.  Any help would be appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 45 Applies to:
Answer

Hi there,

you can delete the 'created' profile without any problems, that won't screw up anything on how the console runs.

If the console came with a redeemable code for that 1 month, you can use that on her account (when it is signed in).

See this link for the how to redeem a code: support.xbox.com/.../redeem-prepaid-codes

This link for how to delete a profile from the console: support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.