information was changed

hello i don't know if this is the right place to post this but last week i tried signing in and i get a message saying " Your xbox live membership information isn't valid. please use a profile that contains a valid membership or recover your profile from xbox live." i go sign in to xbox.com and when i signed in, it had a different gamertag. i called the support line and they couldn't help me cause my originial gamertag isn't associated with the email i provided them with even though i always had my gamertag associated it with. i even get emails from the xbox rewards with my original gamertag. i never changed any information for my original gamertag. also the weird thing is that i can connect offline but when i try going online, i get the error message. i tried recovering but it gave me a different gamertag. can anyone help me. i already called the support line twice and they haven't done anything. thank you

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hello, you are receiving this message because you are using a different e-mail to login to your XBOX Live account. This gamertag "ZeroGiraffe4828" is an automatically generated XBOX Live Gamertag. This appears when you login to XBOX.com for the first time using an e-mail address that has never accessed XBOX.com before. Please note that even though you get e-mails that still go there from the original gamertag that does not necessarily mean that the e-mail could not have been changed by you. It's possible to have 2 different e-mails on an XBOX Live account, one which would be the Windows Live ID and one that can be changed at any time by going to the contact preferences on XBOX.com.

So there are a couple of possibilities that could have occurred here:

a.) You have changed your e-mail address and cannot remember the e-mail, it's possible that you signed up with a .ca, .uk e-mail and are trying to login with a .com
b.) Your account was accessed in an unauthorized way, and you would need to contact phone support in order to resolve that.

If you call phone support and tell them that you can't seem to remember your Windows Live ID associated with the account they will be able to go through some very specific questions with you that only the account holder would know. You will need to answer them for them to be able to help you get the correct Windows Live ID for your account. If you cannot answer their questions then they cannot give you the e-mail associated with your account. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello

It is a strange problem you have, like you said you hadnt changed any details relating to your gamertag or windows live ID?

Is ZeroGiraffe4828 your original gamerrtag? As it shows in the profile box of this forum.

Also when you log in to xbox.com with your windows live ID does it show the correct gamertag?

Have you tried clearing your systems cache

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Also you say you tried to recover your gamertag, did you delete the profile from your xbox first then recover it?

Just a few things to try but if you have no joy then xbox support should help you but if youve contacted them twice and they havnt you may have to lose the gamertag forever or pay some points to get it back! I know thats not ideal but it may be a solution if the above fails.

Sorry this didn't help.

also zerogirrage isn't my original gamertag

Sorry this didn't help.