Info on xbox "TV"

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

@DeasonMVP - I had no idea that I could turn to a channel and watch whatever show I wanted. I always thought they went by a schedule. When did they start doing this? I'm going to try it right now.

*turns on TV*

What the-? Hey! They're still on schedule! But I thought you said you could just turn to the channel and watch a specific show of my choosing.

What you will get will depend on your region, as for price, that also depends.  For Example for the UK 4OD is coming, as is Channel 5 on demand.  These services are free to UK TV viewers as are the programs available to view on their websites.  I can't see anyway for MS to charge for them.  If they do I simply won't use them and I will just use my PC or iPod instead.

The UK is getting LoveFilm, our answer to the U.S service Netflix.  To have access to LoveFilm, you will need a LoveFilm subscription though

[quote user="DMK222"]

when is this tv on your console coming anybody know

[/quote]

It's supposed to be out this fall, but they have not stated when exactly.  Major Nelson states that he is looking into a preview program like what they had for the NXE, but nothing has come out yet.  He updates his website quite frequently, so I'm going to keep my eyes on his site for any news.

when is this tv on your console coming anybody know

Yeah if it's not free it's nothing special imo. lol

[quote user="Lil Dogg"]

So you can watch TV for free?

[/quote]

no.  you have to have subscriptions to those services in order to use them on your console.  same as Netflix and such.  if you don't have an existing subscription you can't use them which is why i don't understand all they hype about it.

if i'm on the TV and i want to watch that channel why wouldn't i just turn to the channel instead of turning on my console to do it.  however one of the new services is HBO GO .. and i can see how that would be cool to watch old HBO shows on the TV as opposed to the PC where HBO GO takes place.  or i guess i could wait for the rerun.  still if it doesn't replace my service which it doesn't .. what's the hype?

Crackle and the anima channel are supposed to be included with your gold subscription. That's the way I read it anyway. The other stuff is useless unless you already subscribe to that service. I was hoping to be able to get individual stations that I like. Pay a monthly fee for HBO over Xbox live now that would be nice.

certain things wiil be part of your Xbox Live Gold subscription, at no additional cost.

I doubt that it will be free.

So you can watch TV for free?