Inappropriate gamertag

So after posting a thread and having it denied, im still left with my question unanswered.  Although you may have given me an answer, it did not pertain to my original question and it may have been because it was some young kid who read and replied to my post and could care less about my concern.  I understand the fact that you as a company may frown upon the word pimp, but like I stated the first time, I started my xbox live account around 9 years ago and never once changed or was informed that my gamertag needed to be changed for being inappropriate.  Now after 100s of dollars I spend year after year on microsoft products and the xbox live service, all of a sudden Im being told Ive got to change it.  As for other individuals subscribed to xbox live service with names like, "sleepystoner21", "gangstakilla516", or "Get ThE tRoJaNz", there seems to be no problems with those names.  Im just glad to see that your team was working so vigorously and diligently that it took them 9 Years to discover and inform me that my gamer tag was unexceptable.  Thanks Xbox Live/Microsft, you guys do a hell of a job and your response team is extremely courteous and thurough.   They're response to my first post, "Sorry dude/lady/other... Pimp is not a term we like on xbox live. Pimpin' skirts a line that we're not going to touch right now. Just look at it this way... You saved 800 msp on a name change!".  Am i supposed to be excited about that??  Honestly, I saved 800 msp on a name change I didnt want to make in the first place, a name change that was forced upon me.  I am severly upset and disappointed by this whole situation and the whole event distorts my previous views of your company.  Since I have no other way of communicating with your company the concerns I have, I guess Ive said all I can say.  If you lose me as a customer Microsoft, just know this, it was your own fault... dude/lady/other.... Thanks for nothing

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

It does not matter how long you have gotten away with the infraction. What matters is that it is a violation of the digital contracts you agreed to upon signing up for XBL all those years ago. You could look at it this way, you got lucky. Plain and simple.

Don't create a gamertag, profile content, Avatar action, Avatar content, or in-game content that other users may be offended by. This includes, without limitation, anything related to or suggestive of: profane words/phrases, topics or content of a sexual nature, hate speech (including but not limited to racial, ethnic, or religious slurs), illegal drugs/controlled substances, or illegal activities. 

So, thanks for not reading the rules you agreed to follow. You have no one to blame for this but yourself.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.