Inactivity Doesn't Work

So my settings are: 

Turn off after: 1 hour of inactivity

Power mode: Instant on with wake up xbox and auto updates checked.

My xbox has not turned off though or went into a stand by mode. All it does is dim the brightness after several minutes, but won't turn off. I left it on Netflix over night as I fell asleep watching a movie. When I turned my TV on my xbox was still running Netflix. I left it on the dashboard/home screen today for two hours as I went out and came back and it was still on the dashboard and lit up brightly as I walked in front of the Kinect.

Am I not understanding the settings or does this not work? I don't want to be forced to leave my Xbox on 24/7 or over night every night when I watch TV as I fall asleep.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 44 Applies to:

Anything?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Seem to happen to me aswell.. i suggest you shutdown the console manually for now. Maybe the support will come with something in a near futur regarding this issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same thing happening here.

Sorry this didn't help.

Today I woke up with the TV option broke. Fell asleep watching TV with the timer on. Woke up TV off, turned on and the TV option no longer works (picture here: http://i.imgur.com/MSTgrFd.jpg). I tried turning off and on (even hard reboot by holding down for 5 seconds) and I even tried to reset the TV setup no dice. My cable box works fine, I unplugged the HDMI cord and put directly into my TV and it worked. What gives? This console is starting to look more and more incomplete and unfinished.

Sorry this didn't help.

I also had this problem and it seems that when the kinect is hooked up to your  xbox it won't turn off no matter what you set it at, 1 hr, or 6hrs. I think it's because the kinect is still recognising you as being active. When I disconnected my kinect the 1hr, 6hr function works 100%. Just use sign in instant on in your settings  so your gamer tag  signs in instantly. Obviously you won't have voice commands so I guess it's up to you what you prefer. I hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.