A change is needed
As xbox live keeps growing, any new member needs a gamer tag
There are many good names out there, that haven't been in use for many years for whatever reason.
However the inactive gamer tag (that isn't being paid for anymore) wont be deleted and put back out there for a new paying member to use. [This is fact]
My thought is, whoever makes the rules, needs to apply a change, saying something along the lines of: if your account is not paid for & inactive for at least a year,
the gamer tag will be removed and made available for anyone who wants to either join xbox live or pay for a tag change,
Obviously this same rule would be in the sign up agreement for any newcomers.
Say nine months of inactivity & no membership payment, the user would be given an e-mail informing them that their gamer tag will soon be recycled.
If the member wishes to hold onto it, then they would need to make their account active once again.
- We all know that more and more are joining xbox live
- We all know there are many great game tags out there taken & not in use
- We all know an account that isn't being paid for anymore will have its gamer tag kept as is
- We all know a loyal customer should be valued
- We all know the world's population wont stop in creasing
So, my point is, there will be a time when this new change will either be made, or all gamer tag names could possibly be taken, even the ones composed of numbers.
If anyone agrees with this thought and would like it to be applied, Please reply saying so, and hopefully it will be done.
Thanks for reading : )