In need of help in sending an original Xbox 360 for repairs.

Ok, so my Xbox 360 croaked and no longer can read disk. I have decided to send it in to Microsoft, but theres one little detail. I own the Resident Evil 5 special edition of the console (the red one). Everybody that i know that needed to send in their console ended up getting a refurbished console, and my problem is that I don't want to lose my red 360. Is there a way around this little problem? 

(I also apologize if I posted this in the wrong section, what with the changes to the forums and all.) 

Question Info

Last updated September 26, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

you might want tell the rep that u only want your red console repaired and u dont want any other console.  i dont know if they do that, i had a green halo edition and was send back white one. kind of made me mad

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You should get back the same red console.  They should take out the guts of the machine - the mainboard - and replace that along with the faulty DVD drive.  They do this because each machine in keyed to their DVD drive, its easier for them to replace everything rather than just the drive sometimes.

If I were you, I would take a few photo's of the unit, specifically, the serial number sticker.  This will prove what machine you had, if they send you the standard beige model back.

Sorry this didn't help.

The majority of times faults can be replaced but Microsoft understands the special meaning these consoles can have and will do everything they can.  If they were unable to repair it, they'd return both your broken console and a replacement one.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll be sending the system in soon then.

Sorry this didn't help.