In Indonesia: Have Internet acces but can't connect to XBox live anymore

Hi, I'm located in Denpasar, Bali - Indonesia and have been using my Speedy ADSL connection to get into Xbox Live. Since a few weeks, this isn't possible anymore. I get error messages, etc., etc.

It started when I was asked (actually: ordered) to download an update from Microsoft or else I wouldn't be able to connect to Xbox live. I clicked OK and the download started. Midway in the dowload the console hang all of a sudden and I rebooted. Same thing happened over and over: during the download the console hangs.

To bypass the download on the console, I got the update through my computer and put it on an USB stick, as suggested by the support team on this site. When the USB stick is put in the console, it should be able to read the update when it starts. Well, it doesn't.

I haven't changed any setting of my Wi-Fi, network or console. Everything was working fine till the moment the order for the download came.

I've gone through all the "tips" the Xbox console gives me, such as switching off the modem, router, disconnecting the console, wait a minute and restart everything. It just doesn't work. It says "there's a problem with your connection. You have Internet access but can't connect to Xbox live.

The Internet through the same modem / router works fine / flawless on all of our computers, smart phones, etc., so what to do now?

The Internet connection we have is a Telkom Speedy ADSL Connection of 1 Mb/s. We have Wi-Fi in our house through an Apple Extreme, which gives good coverage. The Xbox is connected wireless to the network by using an Apple Express (which is connected by a network cable to the console).

Anyone else has similar problems and has maybe found a solution for it?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 54 Applies to:

Hello

No Xbox live for you.

This is the definitive list of Xbox Live Enabled countries: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/Countries and your country isn't on it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Not true / not the solution, I've been playing through Xbox Live for almost a year without problems.

Sorry this didn't help.

yeah it is the same in china but started even before the update It is probably due to the government though!

Nothing is due to the country list you can access Xbox Live from every country but downloads of DLC are harder to get like Black ops where you need to be in one of the countries in the list otherwise it should work! Don't worry you are not the only one!

Sorry this didn't help.