I’m THIS close to binning my Xbox 360

Can anyone tell me on which planet [REMOVED - LANGUAGE] decided it's acceptable to broadcast ads for a PEGI 18 on a console where children have access to it?!

Since applying an update, my console has decided to display an advert on the Home screen for this game.

This wouldn’t be much of a problem, except you can’t remove the ad!!!

I contacted Ms Chat (great service, BTW) and they advised me to change the Privacy settings.  I don’t have the luxury of being allowed to play my Xbox at work (I know, strict company or what?!) so had to wait until I got home to check this out.

I tried the advice from the support rep and what do you know, it worked!  Errr, for my profile, and guess what, I’m actually over 18….. 

So, change to my (five year old) son’s profile and repeat the process.  Hmm, problem is you can’t get in to the privacy settings unless you’re online.

After much swearing and phaffing around, I set him up with a new Ms Live account.  Next step, let’s get him online (with the free account as he’s not quite ready for CoD/GoW yet).  Right, key in all the junk that’s required, choose the Parent Account and guess what. Apparently I’m not in the same region as he is…

Now, the UK isn’t that large and our house isn’t that big either – it certainly doesn’t span two counties (although we are pretty close to a border).  And admittedly he’s in bed but surely the region check isn’t so strict as to make sure he’s in the same room?!

So, after my little rant.  How can I get rid of this advert from the home screen for him?!

Thanks for listening! :)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Sorry you've had no success getting rid of the advert.  This may help you. support.xbox.com/.../online-safety  Make sure that his Microsoft Account birthdate is correct as well, that way no adverts should show on the dashboard.

Also just incase you have to chnage your region http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/change-region

Xbox Ambassador.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.