If you are randomly dropping from LIVE, please read and respond!

Microsoft to moved this post out of this forum and to the "Feedback" .  This is not feedback it is a support issue. Feedback is stuff like; "The new layout is cool, The new layout is crap, Maybe you guys could do this".  Myself and a number of players CAN NOT stay connected to LIVE after the update, this it is a support issue. Please do not move this post into feedback thanks.

repost:

OK, let’s try to get this all into one thread.

I am a day one user on LIVE.  In fact I go so far back that my GT used to be “edogg”, but Microsoft asked me to change before some update in the past. Something to do with GT not being different any more if only the capitalization of the word was different. I have laughed at my friends when they say LIVE sucks and that I am stupid to pay.  I know the value of LIVE and the massive dollar per hour entertainment I get.

Well, since the update, LIVE no longer works for me, and it sounds like for a number of us. Below are some thoughts. Let’s just talk though this and help Microsoft figure this out. Please Microsoft just let us know you are aware of this and working on it.

Thoughts:

*Do not tell us to: Cycle Modem/Router, Clear Cache, or re-download profile.  These do not work. : (

*I have been on the same connection for almost 5 years, with ZERO problems. After the update on Tuesday I keep getting randomly dropped from LIVE.

*I get dropped while sitting in the dash, playing games (BF3), or watching HULU.

*On Sat Dec. during the afternoon I played for an hour with no drops, I thought it was fixed. That night around 9PM I was back to random drops. As of right now I drop every 5 minutes or so.

*Does this have something to do with the could gaming feature?

*It is clear that the update tweaked something with the network adapter stuff.

Reply with your thoughts or if this is happening to you. Talk about what you are seeing.

Microsoft just please let us know you are working on this.

Late

e

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there Chaplin - I certainly understand your frustration. Your original thread was moved because it sounded more like an ask of other users to respond with their thoughts, not looking for support. If the former, it would be a "feedback" thread. I do apologize for moving your original thread if that was not your intention.

Please understand that in order to help, I need your help in performing troubleshooting. As there are millions of consoles with this update which have no connection issues, we need to take a look at a few things, namely your console and your network. These are the first steps in identifying the issue. I need as much information as possible about your network and what you've tried. I can understand being frustrated that you may have tried some of these things already, but when you say you've tried "everything," I can't be sure what that means, so I have to ask. It's certainly nothing personal - I'm just trying to get to the bottom of why you can't connect! :)

With that in mind, can you please check out the START HERE sticky and provide all of the information about your network that it requests in bold? Also, please detail everything you've tried, so that I know what not to ask you to try, and what may have been overlooked. That will help us get a clearer picture of the issue, and get us that much closer to a resolution. 

Thanks! :)  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.