If I move my child's gamertag to a "child" Microsoft account, does the XBOX Gold membership move with the gamertag?

My 10 year old son has an xbox 360.  I helped him sign in and create  a gamertag. His gamertag is associated with my microsoft account.  Just got him an Xbox One for Christmas.  Now I realize that when he signs in to play his games, he's signing in as the "adult".  Not a big deal -- I'll move his gamertag to a "child" microsoft account, and have him sign in with that new account.  The problem is that I bought him an XBOX Gold membership.  That membership is associated with my account.  If I move his gamertag to a new "child" account, and he signs in with that "child" account, does the Xbox Gold still work?  In other words, if I transfer his gamertag to another account, namely the "child" account, does the Xbox Gold membership travel with him?  Or wil the Gold only work if I'm signed in under the original account I used to purchase the Gold with.  Can I assign a specific gamertag to work with Gold?  Also, do his "points" and "levels" in his games travel with him to the other account?

Appreciate any help.

Alex

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

On the Xbox One you share one membership as long as the they label this console their home console. Now the sharing of gold membership on the Xbox One console is limited to just the One. If your son decides to also play the 360 still and wants to play on live you will need to continue to purchase a live membership after it expires. As long as you migrate his Gamertag correctly to the new console, everything will transfer as well.

So again. Yes everything will transfer when you sign on to the correct account on the Xbox One console. You will have access to share the gold membership on the Xbox One console. If you want to use the 360 still each person will need to have a separate gold membership in order to access live.

Hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.