If I create a New gamer tag on one console that has never touched the internet and get the 1 month x-box live because of it

can i then use that gold membership to transfer my silver memberships and non official gamer tags (created but never touched internet with them) to the cloud and then from my new 360 download them with the gamer tag i created for the free gold membership for a month ? also is it possible to combine the game data of an unnoficial gamertag with that of my main gamer tag that is currently silver member ship and locked in my old console (i want to transfer data from my old console to my new one useing the cloud because the hardrives arn't compatibl with new 360 slim and i dont own a flash drive or know any one who does ) so ive been usen a new gamer tag on my 360 slim but id like to combine the game data it has to my old gamer tag from my old console once i get that gamer tag transferred to my 360 slim (liek would naming my new GT with teh exact same username as my old one and then tranfering make them both teh same gamertag with out losing teh game data i aquired form the new one ?)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

NO

Game data, saves, DLC, etc, can not be transferred from one account to another.

[quote user="Paraffin Alien"]

Game data, saves, DLC, etc, can not be transferred from one account to another.

[/quote]

You are partially correct.

-

Game data and saves cannot be transferred from one account to another but some DLC can.

-

With some DLC it gets stored to the HDD and when you play the game on any account it recognises it and unlocks it. Case in point I have two accounts and I downloaded all the DLC for Tomb Raider: Underworld on my other account and when I played the game again on this account everything was there. The two extra levels and all the outfits DLC was unlocked on this account. Same for Lego Batman 2. I got a free code for extra characters which again I did on my other account and I was amazed when it unlocked on this account. I was amazed and asked about that and was told that it is because the DLC gets stored to your HDD and it doesn't matter what account you have the game recognises it from your HDD and unlocks it.

[quote user="ILOVEBAY0n37T4"]You are partially correct.[/quote]He's entirely correct. There's no "partial" about it.[quote]With some DLC it gets stored to the HDD and when you play the game on any account it recognises it and unlocks it.[/quote]No.

Virtually all DLC (minus Avatar items) comes with two licenses, a Console license and a Gamertag license. The Console license, by design, allows DLC to be used by any profile on the console that has the Console license bound to it. Console licenses bind to the first console DLC is downloaded to when the DLC is purchased, or the first console the DLC is downloaded to after a License Transfer.

There is no way to transfer the ownership of DLC from one account to another. If you buy a second console and re-download your DLC to that console without doing a license transfer, you'll find that your other accounts cannot access the DLC without the purchasing account logged in. Again, this is by design.