If I cant migrate my account to my new country can I migrate my licences to a new account?

Around 6 months ago I moved from Australia to Canada. Recently so I could PLAY my Xbox I paid for microsoft send me a new power supply so that my console would work over here. Earlier today I was about to upgrade to gold when I realised that my account was still set to Australia meaning that any top up cards I bought at 7/11 would not work in conjunction with my account. This would not be a problem if I had a credit card other than that I would be paying an extra $20 per year for my gold account due to exchange rates. I made a few phone calls to support today & the best advice they could give me was that I should just create a NEW live account so that I could sign up for gold over here.

The problems I have with this are severalfold.

1: My gamer score although not worth anything in the real world is a mark to me of how dedicated I have been as a gamer.

2: I have limited edition content assigned to my old account that can not be passed on to other accounts such as the Gold Lance in Gears Of War 2 & certain equipment in Fable III I recieved for pre ordering.

My major gripe is that with the inability to transfer my account to Canadian region Microsoft is essentially telling me to give up the things I spent time & more importantly MONEY on if I want to play online.

Does anyone know if there are ways to transfer these things (as well as saved games) over to a new profile since I am completely unable to change my region to where I am now???

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

some content will transfer to all accounts

and go to my xbox on xbox.com and look for the region change link im sure i found one on my account

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately you cannot transfer achievements, unlocks, and licenses to a different account. Sorry for the confusion.

Sorry this didn't help.

So basically Microsoft hates me & wants me to throw away the stuff I paid extra for???

Sorry this didn't help.

Why can't you migrate your console to Canada? Shouldn't that be an option...

Sorry this didn't help.

It's not my console that's the problem. I can't migrate my ACCOUNT. From my console I can set up a new Canadian account but that means I lose all my progress in all my games & in the case of fable 3 I lose the sword & tattoo set I got for pre ordering... in the case of Gears 2 I lose my golden lance again a pre order reward.

I feel like microsoft are stealing from me.

Sorry this didn't help.

That just seems really stupid... They allow people who compromise other peoples accounts to switch the region on the gamertag all the time (a quick search on this forum will show you just how much). I don't know much about region changes but I can't believe that their answer is start a new account...

Sorry this didn't help.

You can only change your region once per year & only switch it to Russia, Poland, Brazil, Hungary, Greece, Czech Republic, South Africa, Colombia, or Chile... NONE of which help me at all...

Sorry this didn't help.

So long as the account you originally downloaded the content from exists and is not banned, you will be able to access that content from other accounts on the same console.  

Sorry this didn't help.

No you can't. There is a weapon set & tattoo set on Fable 3 & there are OTHERS that I can not access from other accounts on the same console.

Also it's not just a matter of that. Microsoft are forcing me to abbandon my many many hours that I have spent developing these characters if I wish to play online.

Sorry this didn't help.