IE for xbox 360.

I'd like to hear all the input from people who said it will never happen cause apparently it is. Check out ign.com

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You mean I might finally have a device that can browse the internet?

-

And as of right now, it's just a rumor.  IGN didn't a pretty bad job of stating that(one of the many reasons I don't go there) but they site the same source as everyone else.

One word: Rumor

Another useless app. on the Xbox 360, woohoo!!! I don't even remember the last time I used IE on the PC, I've been using FireFox for years now.

Will it have Compatibility View..?? LOL..

Even if it did have a browser, it probably wouldn't have Flash support, which would make it very basic indeed.

It will happen.

I still reckon, it's a bad idea having a browser on the XBOX... IE9 still has coding bugs & security vulnerabilities..

If it is going to happen, it's too late for it to make a difference IMO. Most people already have multiple devices with browsers (maybe not most people , but lots anyway). And television screens still aren't the best way to look at lots of text, so yeah, even if the rumour is true, it doesn't excite me, more annoys me that MS said they would never do it for so long that anything they do now just feels like its missed the boat.

Not looking forward to this... Well they are going to use XBOX IE for Advertising....  

Garnier has joined the advertising bandwagon now...

community.microsoftadvertising.com/.../new-xbox-360-experience-what-it-means-for-advertisers.aspx

Pepsi MAX

Pepsi MAX goes digital with Xbox LIVE

Windows 8 beta Is going to be full of Advertising too... o.O

community.microsoftadvertising.com/.../microsoft-advertising-releases-beta-of-windows-8-advertising-sdk.aspx

I regret to say, But I won't be buying the new XBOX 720 if it's going to be full of BS advertising... Same goes for Windows 8...

[quote user="ZombieTron"]

If it is going to happen, it's too late for it to make a difference IMO. Most people already have multiple devices with browsers (maybe not most people , but lots anyway). And television screens still aren't the best way to look at lots of text[/quote]

That's true.  I can already access the Internet on my PC, Laptop, HTC Desire Phone, iPod Touch, iPad and lastly my PS3 (PS3 sucks for the web though).

I'm not so sure about your comment about text on TV's.  My PC looks great on my TV browsing the web.  The text is easy to read, and that's coming from guy who already has poor eyesight!  It just depends how big your screen is and how far you are away from it.  It is incredibly late though.

Like I said earlier, if the rumors are true, I wonder if it will have Flash Support.  Flash is Supported in IE9, but since this won't be the PC version, it won't support the current Flash application.  If it did have flash support, all the agreements MS has made with entertainment publishers such as Netflix, YouTube, etc, etc would be worthless.