ICMP Error

Since February 11th my sister and I have been unable to connect to Xbox Live. We can connect to the local network but fail to connect to the internet and receive an ICMP error message when we test the connection. We have tried restarting both consoles as well as the modem and router. We tried connecting one of the consoles directly to the modem and received the same error message as when using wireless. We contacted our ISP and they found no issues with our connection.

All other devices in the household can connect to the internet normally. However, I am also unable to sign into my account on Games For Windows Live on either my desktop or laptop computers.

We are using both wired and wireless connections through our Netgear WNR 3500 L router which is connected to a Zyxel Prestige 643 modem. 

The Error Status Report shows:

W:0000 - 0021
X:0000 - F001
Y:0000 - 0000
Z:0000 - 0000
ID 0005 - 0000
L:0015 - 10F1
Q:8007 - 0435
T:Wireless
A:192.168.1.3/225.225.225.0
G:192.168.1.1
D:192.168.1.1, 0.0.0.0
N:Javelin
S:WPA2
C:11 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Did you change any settings on your home network around the time you started recieving the error? New router, new modem, new wireless settings, etc. Also who is your ISP? ICMP errors are typically the result of some form of network interference. This could be something like wireless interference (check for other wireless devices such as wireless headsets or cordless phones) or it could be from a network outage. Your ISP is only going to check for internet connectivity on your PC's. A PC is nowhere near as demanding on the connection as your Xbox 360's. Also it's important to update the firmware on your Netgear router as this fixes internet errors with certain modems.

"Firmware Version 1.2.2.40 Bug Fixes: Fixed the Internet connection problem with some Comcast modems."

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi

The Zyxel is a modem/router have you bridged the modem because if not you will suffer issues as you have two devices that are both NAT'ing otherwise , the Zyxel and the Netgear

If you are  not sure about bridging please contact your ISP as you may need additional details (PPPoE username/password) to enter into your Netgear before the change will work

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.