I'm Worried...

I'm worried...

I went to post about something that I thought was really cool, but found out that there was no point because someone had already posted about it 24 hours ago & it already had 50+ replies. This is not the 1st time this week that it has happened; it's more like the 3rd time this week actually...

I'm worried...

Just today, I only spent 30 minutes of my time playing games. It was split between 2 games; I played Black Ops 2 briefly to try out the new Apocalypse maps, but I didn't even play online - I played them offline to learn them instead. I played Forza Motorsport 4 also briefly to try out a car my brother is considering buying (in real life) in an attempt to get a feel for it - I'm not even playing the games for fun anymore - I'm playing them to check something out.Yesterday, I didn't even play at all! Scary, I know!

I'm worried...

You see, I've been busy as of late. I've been spending more time with my family; my mother & brother who are both very dear to me - I've been eating dinners at the table with them, helping with chores outside in the unforgiving sun, & even taking the time to watch movies in the evening with them. But video games are dear to me as well & I'm afraid that I'm not going to be able to give them both equal time anymore...

I'm worried...

I've also started going back to school full-time. Because of this, I'm studying, reading out of antiques that my instructors call books, & meeting actual people made of flesh & blood. Yes, they do exist outside the walls of my home - & yours too...

I'm worried...

But, what about my friends online? Won't they miss me? What about all of the fun things I could do? Won't I miss running over hookers, killing evil German zombies from WW2, or getting to the top of the fighting game leaderboards? Sadly, I think I might just miss out on all of that...

I'm worried...

Maybe this is something that could happen to you? Do you think it could? You might go outside, spend time with others, or make a difference - who knows? If it can happen to you, should it?

Maybe you should be worried too...

But you know what? Maybe none of that really matters. After all - I'm getting out there in the world, I'm becoming a better person by helping myself & others, & as a result the world is slowly but surely becoming a better place (at least in my small part of it). I'm learning & succeeding, my family is there for me & loves me, & I'm starting to feel a lot better despite all of the worries I have above. Sure, I'll still be around from time to time, just not so much anymore - & you know what?

...all of a sudden, I'm not so worried anymore.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Galactic Geek"] I played Forza Motorsport 4 also briefly to try out a car my brother is considering buying (in real life) in an attempt to get a feel for it[/quote]

I really wouldn't bother, I own a Ford Focus RS Mk2 and thought it would be great to drive the same car in Forza. Unfortunately in Forza the car has only 5 gears rather than 6. A standard car will top out at 160mph but not in Forza.

I feel like I just got preached too... As if someone knocked on my door and I answered it and they were telling a story and im too polite to shut the door on then and then it had some moral about the " good book" at the end...

I'm not worried about just staying inside, not answering the door, and doing what I love..... Playing games

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you probably had something to drink before you posted this.

Ah yeah.. I know the feeling, it happens. It can be kind of a concern when it does, whether that just br through being busy with other commitments, a feeling of losing interest or sometimes both.

I still find I have time for gaming but possibly not much longer as there is a new addition on the way here. More concerning for me has been a general malaise and gradual loss of interest as I've got older (a different issue from the time concern granted). It is a perfectly natural progression in many ways and one ive seen many of my friends go through, its just one I didn't think would happen to me.

This year I've played even fewer games and found that it takes a lot for me to actually finish one these days. I finished and adored the Mass Effect trilogy. I liked the Tomb Raider revamp , loved State Of Decay and got strangely addicted to Happy Wars as my go to pick up and play. Now I'm just waiting for GTA which I hope will see me through the rest of the year.

So.. Only 5 games that have sufficiently grabbed me all year and not all 2013 either I don't think?

Which is why I'm still on the fence as to whether to even join the next gen or hang up my controller.. Now THAT is worrying.. Hopefully I will see enough freshness and innovation to tempt me back for one last dance though.. Fingers crossed!

Worried because you do things humans do?

Hmm that´s nothing to worry about when your a human ;)

IF you do all this things and know you are a robot, well then I would worry that you are turning in a human.

But a robot turning into a human is something good. 

At least I think so.

The only thing that worries me about gaming is my lack of sleep. I don't play when my wife and kids are awake. Once they are in bed I still have to wait for my wife to go to bed before I play. We only have 1 tv in the livingroom.

-

I only get about 3 or 4 hours a sleep a night.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Looks like you need to talk to Xbox Support. They're there to support you.

I think maybe you are taking this all to serious

-

Its just games man... just video games.

Its called growing up..........and its no fun - you'll be back playing games again soon!

[quote user="NEUROTIC HOG"]

Its called growing up..........and its no fun - you'll be back playing games again soon!

[/quote]

I'm fast approaching 43 and alot of people that know me would probably say .. "I need to grow up" ... but I refuse lol ;-p