I'm Seeing A lot of Complaints...

I see a lot of complaints on these boards about the Xbox One. Now, I don't own one, and I plan on owing one in the near future. I do own a PS4 though and have had no issues with it, which is surprising cause it's a launch console. But my main point is, is the Xbox One really THAT bad of a console? My brother had one and updating it was a pain, but getting past that is it really that bad? Like a huge fraction of the posts made here complaining about the Xbox One are from actual users and not trolls just spamming the boards, so this gets me worried about owning one. Do you think these major issues can/will be fixed in the near future?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I had one sold it hated it got a ps4 blown away long story short avoid like the plague

Some has issues others don't....Same as the PS4 or Wii U....

It's a good console.  The kinect 2 is pretty accurate and the multimedia is very good. It plays blu-ray disks better than the ps4 also. Graphics are are great but a little behind the ps4 and most games don't hit 1080p but still look good and play smooth. After a while it should catch up with the ps4, the controller is great and very comfortable with long battery life.(the impulse triggers are awesome). It feels far more next-gen then ps4.hope I helped!

Also the march update will improve party chat and add voice messageing.

It does not play Blu-ray Discs better .the kinect 2 is a shambles , the controler is good but not great  ,you have to buy your own charger lol ignore Grady. He's a fanboy

[quote user="PhantomFox12"]is the Xbox One really THAT bad of a console?[/quote]I have all the platforms and I like the Xbox One. I use it more than the PS4 due to the media integration and voice control features.[quote]My brother had one and updating it was a pain,[/quote]Why was it a pain? In Instant On mode the console downloads the update and installs it, then shuts off. The only "pain" was saying, "Xbox, on," several times without a response. If you're referring to game updates, there is an issue where installing games from disc while online was a problem because the game would also try to apply downloaded updates at the same time. That slows down the install from disc, but it's not a showstopper if you pop in a disc before going to bed. In Instant On mode the console will finish the install and patches after being "turned off". The workaround for installation while the console is on is to take the console offline, do the install, then put it back online to do the game updates.[quote]Like a huge fraction of the posts made here complaining about the Xbox One are from actual users and not trolls just spamming the boards,[/quote]People who have no issue with the console (like me) don't make post after post extoling the virtues of the console.

Lol  walls it was just my opinion.

the kinect 2 is not a shambles just because you may have had a bad experience with it does not mean it is a bad piece of kit, in my case it has worked almost perfectly aside from the fact it recognises both me and my father as the same user, but i do look like my dad lol, theres nothing bad or broken about the system just a few annoyancies which will be corrected through future updates.

The x1 is a monstocity anyone who bought needs to slap themself

Lol anybody else just not believe this guy? What's your psn ID, what games did you play on x1 and what you playing on ps4.