I'm really getting tired of this.

Ok so yeah, my windows Live ID wont change, I tried to change it about 4 months ago and it said "your windos live id cannot be changed at this time" so I checked it a month ago and it still said "Your windows Live ID cannot be changed at this time." So I tried it today and it again said to me the same thing. I am getting very mad, can anyone help me?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Try calling support?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I once raised an SR with support on this after an account breach where they renamed my WLID from some non-hotmail/live.com domain to a hotmail/live.com domain.  I was first told it was not possible to change WLID if they were on a hotmail/live.com domain.  I was then told it was/would be possible the "2nd week of June" with an upcoming system change and blatantly LIED to by MS Support.  The girl who called me to tell me this was only interested in closing the ticket so she could meet her metrics.

Reality is -- if your WLID is @hotmail or @live then you will NOT be able to use the change function at all.  Create a new account; migrate it over.  Delete your old account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you trying to change it on the website, or on the console? You can only use the Change Windows LIVE ID function on the console at this time. It is not currently supported via the website.

Sorry this didn't help.