I'm not sure about this post but can anyone confirm if this is true? Regards to play xbox 36o games on xbox one

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-17-you-can-plug-an-xbox-360-into-the-xbox-one-says-major-nelson

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Absolutely. The X1 acts as am HDMI pass through. It will work the same as running your cable box through it.

[quote] Absolutely. The X1 acts as am HDMI pass through. It will work the same as running your cable box through it. [/quote]

There would probably be input lag so I don't think there's much reason to do so.

I'm sure it's true, but once I have an XO I won't play the 360 except for when Dark Souls 2 comes out and the occasional match of Shadowrun.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

You can pass the signal through a an old VCR as well, but why would you?

Bc your VCR doesn't have a 4k pass through.

They have actually said not to do this as it would hamper the 360s performance.

My only concern with using the Xbox One's HDMI pass-thru with your Xbox 360 is for those people who already have the original Kinect (such as myself). It seems kind of odd to consider having 2 different Kinect peripherals mounted on top of my TV.

Though one thought that did occur, is that by plugging your 360 or DVR into the X1 it would enable you to use what appears to be an excellent scaler. The new one in the X looks very impressive from what I've seen and read so far. It is substantially improved from the 360 (which was already good for its time).

Now if you have a new relatively high end tv then it might not be to much of a difference as th TV's own scaler should be fairly high quality. But for those people with older sets or set top boxes which traditionally had cheap scalers in them. This could be a very useful feature? You just set your cable box, 360 to the nearest native res and then let the x1 do all your upscaling? It's a shame that they say there's too much lag when plugging the 360 in but they could find a fix to speed it up.

I don't know.. Probably a rubbish idea but just crossed my mind is all! Lol..

I thought Shadow Run servers were taken down ages ago?

[quote user="Mossy Cottage"]

Though one thought that did occur, is that by plugging your 360 or DVR into the X1 it would enable you to use what appears to be an excellent scaler. The new one in the X looks very impressive from what I've seen and read so far. It is substantially improved from the 360 (which was already good for its time).

Now if you have a new relatively high end tv then it might not be to much of a difference as th TV's own scaler should be fairly high quality. But for those people with older sets or set top boxes which traditionally had cheap scalers in them. This could be a very useful feature?[/quote]

That is the ONLY suggested useful reason to pass any signal through the X1 I've ever heard.