i'm not mad, just disappointed.

let me preface this post by saying i am a long-term Gold subscriber - many years across two accounts - and was generally happy for the most part with the service, even with it's small issues - the service generally offered value for money.

however...

since the launch of the Xbox One (and i don't know if this carries over to the new console) the Xbox 360 Gold Subscriber experience has shifted dramatically into the negative. i'm not sure how much these so-called "hacks" are actually DDOS attacks, or whether it's a case of 360 consoles being relegated to the the crumbs at the end of the table, so to speak, when it comes to sharing bandwidth or server space with the Xbox One.

i don't game live all that often, but when i have, i've not noticed much of an issue there, unless it's one of these becoming all-too-regular outages, however the logging in of profiles while online and navigating the marketplace have become nothing short of frustrating, time consuming, and a serious blight on a once great user interface.

how can the Xbox360 suddenly go from having a fast and easy-to-navigate Live storefront where apps, arcade & on-demand game libraries would load in mere seconds - an outright purchase would take less than 20 seconds to now where simply moving from "GAMES" to "ON-DEMAND" takes between 2 and 5 minutes?? - and this occurs wnen navigating between EVERY section of the storefront. EVERY TIME - loading and scrolling through your own game library on local HDD's takes almost as long when online - something else that was also never an issue until this year.

running on a port-forwarded ethernet broadband connection with no connectivity problems whatsoever should not be causing this problem - this is not an ISP or modem issue. the service has become a slow, buggy, sluggish mess ever since the One launch, and only appears to get even worse for 360 users as time goes on. if this is a "push" to get us to upgrade, then it's the worst marketing device i've ever encountered. having to go online on a PC to log into this site to simply make on-demand purchases because the console is now almost too inadequate to do it - when it used to do it just fine - is laughable and rather sad.

other smaller annoyances are now a regular thing as well, like Live always being late to update the dash with current info, letting weeks or months-old items remain on the dash, not fixing misrepresentative library cover art or updating the weekly Deals With Gold & Games With Gold - the list of things that show the 360 is now on the backburner - it really is all about One and Windows10 now, if the state of this service and all official announcements from camp Xbox are anything to go by - just tells me if Microsoft no longer care enough to offer at least the same level of service we were paying the same price for a year ago, then it's not a service i really wish to continue paying for.

if the Live service for 360 users doesn't pick up and return to at least the quality level it was when the One first launched, i'd expect a hefty drop in the subscription fee to be fair on users paying the same money as One users for a now very inferior service. i don't expect to see either of these things happening in the near future, so i'm sad to say i'll be demoting my account to silver rather soon.

i'm not mad, just disappointed.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

OH IM VERY MAD BECAUSE THEY ARE MUTING PEOPLE UNFAIRLY BECAuse YOU HAVE RANDOM TODDLERS REPORTING PEOPLE FOR NO RESASON AND YOU GOT A BUNCHA IDIOT WORKING FOR MICROSOFT THAT HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE DOING! ive been on here all day and no one seems to care or be able to unmute me for something i shouldnt have been muted for.