I'm late to the party, but GTA V is brilliant.

I wish GTA IV wasn't so horrible because I wouldn't of held out on GTA V for so long. I bought it during the Christmas Sale. 

I only played tonight without knowing anything about any of the characters and they are awesome. Franklin and Lamar are hilarious. 

First person mode makes such a huge difference. It's a million times better. All of the voice actors are really good.

Question though about mp. Do people still play it and are the games full of cheaters and modders?

Is it possible to get all online achievements still?

Any tips you can recommend to make the game better?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I use to have GTA V on Xbox 360, but I got rid of it. The music was sometimes kwl, but there is quite a bit of sexual and gang like stuff in it. Some of my friends had it but their parents took it away from them. Even the graphics on the Xbox 360 version look very good. I got the game from JB Hi Fi (a NZ/Australian big retailer) and the staff person said yes it looks good on Xbox 360. It will likely look better on Xbox 1. You get a big world to explore, but the youngest your character can be in the game is like 21. In NZ, you can be 18 to drink but have heard you have to be 21 in the US to drink. There's also actually a lot of people well under 18 who play the game too.

You'll still find cheaters and modders just like you do in COD and Halo or stuff. I even like some aspects of the game like a big world to explore different vehicles including aircraft and boats. Some of the music was tuny too. But me and most of my friends generally play Minecraft COD and Halo. The game typically represents the behaviour which seems to be more dominant in the US rather than in NZ/Australia. But there are several people who live over in my corner of the world like the game too. I prefer 1st person mode much more than 3rd person mode. I think a lot of people will still play the game both on Xbox 360 and Xbox 1 and other platforms too. Tips to make the game better is to play with best friends. My best friends just encourage me to play Minecraft and COD and sometimes Halo. I only got 1 achievement in the game on the 360 version, Off the Plane, from 8 October 2013, that was before Xbox 1 came out. I'm not saying I think the game is rubbish, some parts of it are interesting, it's just that I'm caught up with other games which I prefer more.

Glad you're liking it, I loved this game and I would think it's still popular online. Just wait until you've met Trevor... he's a nutcase but a brilliant character.

Love GTA, played it on 360, X1 and PC. Just asked my lad and he reckons it still quite busy online.

As for the online achievements, I really don't know tbh. Not sure how many achievements I got but I know I got to over lvl 100, then they changed a lot of the online missions and I'd already moved on to something else.

Is Trevor one of the people you meet in the very beginning at the robbery?

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Yes.

Trust me,you'll know when you've met Trevor properly.

That first bit doesn't prepare you for meeting him properly later on.

All the online achievements are do-able with 2 or 3 friends.

There's no one quite like Trevor.......thank god!  

I can't wait to get to that part of the game. This game was totally meant to be played in first person in my opinion.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

You are correct sir .  Fantastic game.  TBH I have probably put even more time into the online with friends than the SP.  GTA offers the kind of persistent world fun that Destiny can only dream about.  Glad to hear you're enjoying it.