I'm confused about the change in family packs

Can someone explain to me exactly what is going on with the family packs? I've had the LIVE Gold Family pack for two years now. So on 8/27/13, they are converting to individual memberships. I'm a bit confused.

1) Are they converting to four different LIVE Gold accounts that I have to pay separately for? OR

2) Are they converting to just regular LIVE accounts, and my account, the primary one, is the main LIVE Gold account that we all sort of share?

I hope that makes sense. To be honest, my other family members don't even use Gold features, but I got it because it was a great deal and I figured one day they might. So I don't need them to have a Gold level account at all.

Thanks for the help!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The Family Plan system isn't being offered anymore.

All existing accounts will revert to normal separate accounts.

Come the release of the Xbox One, the Gold membership will have the Home Gold feature, where one master account is Gold and all other accounts on the XB1 console can share in it... While on that console.

This new feature doesn't carry over to the 360s, which will require separate Gold memberships if you want multiple Gold functioning gamertags on one 360 console.

Once the current Family Gold ends, all accounts will revert to separate accounts, and from what I've heard will get a bonus few free months out of it. Then when each account expires, it's up to the owners of the accounts to pay for more Gold on whichever account that needs it, separately.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I then feel Microsoft/Xbox bosses should consider their loss in revenue which will happen because in the uk at £34.99 x 4 = £139.96 ~ I for one won't be laying out that amount each year, its not like we are all online 24 hours a day 7 days a week. my eldest is on for 2 hours 5 times a week. my youngest 2 go online for 2/3 hours twice a month, and myself the same as my youngest.

Now if the powers that be considered some sort of discount if more than 1 12 month sub per household is purchased - inline with the previous 'family' account prices then they would keep not only myself my millions worldwide.

How they can expect EVERY customer  to "buy the xbox one to benefit from multi accounts" similar to family accounts is beyond me.

just doesn't seem at all customer friendly.

Sorry this didn't help.

RedneckBiker, to sort of clarify what Springer told you:  each account that is currently part of your gold family pack (ie, your profile, a child's profile if it shares gold, etc) will be removed from Family Gold and will have it's own standard gold membership. These separate memberships will be set to have the exact amount of remaining gold that your family pack curently has. Each of these accounts will then be given an additional 3 months of gold. As Springer pointed out, once the gold expkres on these accounts, if you wish for the profiles to continue having gold, you will need an individual gold membership for each account that you wish to have gold status.

Sorry this didn't help.