I'm being DDoS'ed please help!

Hello all I'm just trying to reach out and get help because this has been going on for two days, I was online playing the new CoD and I was in a party with some friends and this guy joins the party and just out of nowhere starts arguing with one of my friends and my friend of course like most people argues back and the guy starts threatening to "hit him offline" & at the time there were three people in the party from Oregon and he starts saying where all of us live and our backgrounds like what my moms job was 20 years ago & to be honest that's a little bit intimidating and then a few mins later all three of my friends from OR start lagging and then they go offline, I got upset and called him out on it and he starts arguing with me and then I get put offline, he kept saying multiple times "I'm going to swat you" I have no idea what that means but I'm sure it has something to do with DDoS. I contacted your hotline and the gentlemen told me I should seek help on the forums but to not put the guy who was hitting us offlines gamertag, someone please help. It would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

[quote]

Hello,

Please do not name and shame on the Xbox Support forums as it's not allowed. If something like this happens to you and you know who the user was that did this to you, please file a complaint, avoid the player, and read the DDOS FAQ written by Microsoft Support Staff.

No one on these support forums can "ban" or "suspend" anyone else on Xbox LIVE. The only folks who have the power to do that are the Xbox LIVE Enforcement Team, they do not read nor do they respond to this section of the forums. They only take their information from complaints filed via the Xbox LIVE Dashboard.

How to file a complaint:

1.Press the Guide button on your controller.

2.Select Friends, then go to the Players tab.

3.Select File Complaint. Then select File Complaint again on the next screen.

Select Tampering.

Select System Tampering.

Select File Complaint.

You can also file a complaint under Text and Voice Communications and Text Message/Voice Message/In-Game Voice (depending on how he's threatened you).

How to avoid a player:

1.Press the Guide button.

2.Select Friends, then go to the Players tab. Select the player’s gamertag.

3.Select Submit Player Review.

4.Select Avoid This Player

5.Select why you want to avoid the player: Communication, Game Behavior, or Player Skill.

6.Select the specific reason why you want to avoid the player.

How to block communications (only works if messages were received from other players):

From the Xbox Dashboard, open a message from the player, and then select Block Communications. The player will not be able to send you any messages unless you send them one first.

What to do if you get IP Flooded or DDOS'ed on Xbox LIVE:

Please read this FAQ written by Microsoft Support staff here: support.xbox.com/.../dos-attacks-faq

[/quote]

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.