I'm 19 and somehow I still have a parent-protected account?

I just wired $50 to my account so that I could buy some DLC but I keep on getting this "change your settings to allow purchases" message. I've gone through my account and I've checked under the "buy and download" setting and it's listed as "anything", but I still can't purchase anything. I also checked on my mom's account and my mom and I went through it together and all the personal information [date of birth, location, etc] is up to date and she is listed as "buy and download/anything" as well, so I have no idea who or what is controlling my account. Another message I've received says that if I attempt to change these settings and still can't purchase anything then I must be suspended, but I have no idea how or why I would be because I haven't any messages from the "Policy and Enforcement Team" suggesting that I'm banned in any way. Also, I've been on Xbox Live since I was 14 and I can't recall ever encountering any sorta "Xbox Live Terms of Use and Privacy Statement" after I turned 18 last year, so that may be affecting this somehow, although I haven't any idea how that would be the case.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I can only think of one reason why I might be suspended, though I don't know how this may have suspended me. Recently I found a scratched-off Xbox Live currency card on the ground at my school and I tried redeeming it [I believe two or three times] to see if it had been used in the past. Otherwise the only reason why I might be facing this problem is somehow due to the parental content thing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there,

if you are suspended you are not be able to use the account on the forums as well, so it doesn't seem to be a account suspension. For any enforcement actions you can take a look at http://enforcement.xbox.com to see if there are any actions taken.

Also please check all online safety and privacy settings at this link to see if all is setup how you would like it: account.xbox.com/.../Home

Let us know the results

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh alright, good to know that I'm [likely] not suspended. That'd be awful.

I'll look through that information soon, but right now I need to sleep. Thank you for keeping me posted.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Have you contacted support yet? They might do something on their end, by changing your settings on the account.

support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

Sorry this didn't help.