i

well yesterday i wanted to play my xbox so a message came up that said system update so i clicked yes and then a nother message came up that said you dont have enough storage space to take this update please connect  a xbox 360 storage device with at least 190 mb free space one weird thing is that i have a storage device connected i dont no what to do please help 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hi there Pinky,

-

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue using your XBOX360. Which XBOX360 is it? Is it the 4GB arcade model with internal storage, the older (Fat) 360 with the hard drive on the left side, or the XBOX360 Slim? If it's the older 360 with the hard drive on the side or the XBOX Slim we can try removing the hard drive and then plugging it back in. Check out this link for helpful pictures on removing the hard-drive.

-

If this doesn't fix the problem, please try clearing the cache on the hard drive by pressing the XBOX guide button on your controller > Settings > System Settings. Select Storage or Memory depending on your console. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.) Select Clear System Cache. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes. Please note this does happen fast so you might not even see it perform the maintenance, if you're not actively looking at the screen. This will NOT delete any saves, game progress, games on demand or arcade games, or any DLC.

-

If neither of these steps fix the problem you can try downloading the latest update to your computer and installing it on the console with either a USB drive or burnable CD/DVD. Here's the article for step by step instructions for all options on how to get the latest update, just click on whichever option works best for you.

-

Hopefully one of these solutions will resolve this problem for you. Please update this thread with results.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.