I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU MS

I am very happy with my purches of the x1.and iv had only to rest my x1 once .my x1 has been running almost 24 hours a day with minamil turnoff.we all know that there will be day one issuse.but they will fix any issuse that you may have.so dont strees over the little things. They will help its a beast of a macine.and a big round of hands to the number one mahers of the best system. Over all 9. 10. So thanks again.€; }

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Glad you like it; I like mine too.It's nearly perfect with the voice commands provided nobody's talking & the TV isn't too loud. I personally also have Kinect sign-in issues because it can't tell me apart from my twin brother - that's annoying, let me tell you! I've also experienced slow-down with multiple apps being open, but that's because they don't automatically close on their own - you have to go to Home, highlight the app, press the Menu button, & then select Quit. I find that rather cumbersome. I try to save electricity so, I don't keep mine on either, but that just makes it cooler when I use the "Xbox, on" & Xbox, turn off" commands & watch it do that to not only the console, but to my TV & audio setup as well. Unfortunately, I also can't watch TV through it since I don't have a satellite or cable box, but my family gets enough of our TV through Netflix & Hulu Plus, & we can still use the OneGuide to see what's on our local over-the-air antenna channels which is a nice touch. The party system & friends list needs to be re-worked as well as a few other things as well.

Major Battlefield 4 issues aside (of which I'm told the developers are working on feverishly to fix), the games are absolutely fantastic all around. Ironically, though, the most fun I've had is with Peggle 2. You wouldn't think such a simple game would take home the prize, but it really is that addictive & fun & when it comes to games, that's the whole point. I can't wait until Project Spark comes out to see what that 1 is capable of. =D

All-in-all, a nice overall machine, but I don't know if I'd call it a beast - more like an absolutely wonderful work-in-progress. The score I give it is an 8/10 with a potential 10/10 after some much needed updates.

Oh, I almost forgot...

Thank you, Microsoft!

I love mine also. But there are a few missing simple features we lost from the transition from the 360. Friends coming online notifications, Dolby Digital 5.1 over optical and controller battery level indicator. Once these simple features are added back, it will be almost perfect :)

I agree with you Whagi. Once a few missing features come back I will not have any little niggles about the console. So far it has run without any problems. Games playing very well also. Just can not wait for a few apps to make an appearance like the sky app.

Love mine to does what i want play's games.anything extra a bonus

I too would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to Microsoft for another winner. Can't wait to see what's ahead.

im not thanking them until some very basic features are added back and they get rid of this spamming message of "kinect unplugged" in my upper right homescreen.  Im tired of paying top dollar for a half finished product just to be a beta tester...you remember back when nintendo, sega, super nintendo...gameboy all launched? That was a finished product that didnt need updates and they just worked how they work...you can say console launches are suppose to be like this but that is only the last few generations and only because we tucked our tails inbetween our legs and let these companies get away with skimping out on market research and testing products oh and quality control.  I wouldnt dare thank a company for a half finished product....you shouldnt either imo.  

[quote user="U Go 6 FT BeLOW"]

you remember back when nintendo, sega, super nintendo...gameboy all launched? That was a finished product that didnt need

[/quote]

Great consoles, but I would still prefer today's updatable consoles over set in stone hardware none updatable consoles of yesteryears. At least we get fixes, updates and great new features.

oh dont get me wrong, the consoles today are alot better then the old ones I mentioned, but you cant tell me they couldnt of invested more into testing, quality control and marketing research to make this console alot better out the gate for the consumer.

I miss some of the old consoles. Actually I am heading up to Dublin after Xmas and picking up a N64 with a few games so I can play it. Mario 64 Mario kart 64 and Zelda Orcarina of time will be making a return to my house.

[quote user="U Go 6 FT BeLOW"]

you cant tell me they couldnt of invested more into testing, quality control and marketing research to make this console alot better out the gate for the consumer.

[/quote]

Of course they could. But where do you draw the line, when is good, good enough? They have deadlines to meet, Microsoft do not monopolise the marketplace, they have stiff competition from Sony for example, so they need to get their products out there.