I will not be using Xbox any more!

Recently my xbox forced me to do an update on my system.  So I did.  After the update went through it then asked me to enter my password.  For whatever reason my auto save password was not in there.  I could not remember what it was.  Why would I not remember such a thing you ask.  Well perhaps it is because I have never used the password for anything and well it was created like 8 years ago.  So now I have no password and my xobx is dead in the water.  So I went online and text their support people.  I was told my issue would be handled by someone else since the person had to escalate the issue.  Well three days later I went back on due to the fact that I had not heard anything to only find out that the person had never escalated the issue at all.  I then waited an additional three day to hear a response from the team of people working on my issue.  The teams response is reset you password.  Ok tried but the email used is no longer in use.  See people move in 8 years and well my email was tied to my internet through SBC Global.  Well I am back with SBC Global however with a slightly different name.  The original email is no longer in use.  Their response is call SBC and ask them to recreate you the email.  haha.  SBC was bought out by Yahoo.  So now you can only create a Yahoo account.  Oh by the way I have no issues with Yahoo.  I think they provide a decent service.  So then they respond to fill out this account recovery form and answer all the questions as accurately as possible.  Oh by the way the account form ask questions such as; who have you emailed, what has you email subjects been, what is the last five digits of the last card used to purchase live.  Are you kidding me.  So I filled out the form and low and behold their response is we cannot help you.  Well no doubt.  First I have never used my xbox to email anyone, I have a pc and a phone for that.  Second, I have never received an email from my xbox, I have a pc and a phone for that.  Third every card I have ever used to purchase live has been bought at Best Buy and then properly placed, well where it should be, in the trash.  I don't know why if xbox wants to verify my account identity would they not ask me about my account.  So as you may guess I have not had xbox for about a month now, which I am still paying for with my prepaid card.  Their has been very little help from the xbox team to see my issue corrected.  All they say is ... just create a new gamer tag and start over.  Forgetting that I have purchased games on my xbox, add on to my games, songs, and movies.  For them it is simple spend countless more dollars but to me it is more than that.  I am sad that I put my trust in a company who cares more about money then about the people using their products.  There is a reason why I will be buying a Playstation. 

Dennis Miller  former gamer tag  Dennis Mlr Live. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Dennis,

Sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time getting access to your account which you are paying for. At any point and time did the support personnel ask you for your Console ID and Serial Number? They should have at least been able to try and link the console ID provided with the Gamertag and inactive e-mail you provided. Granted you have to keep in mind that there is strict security in trying to ensure ownership of the account so that you really aren't giving someone's account away. Although it doesn't sound useful, the fact that you don't use your Xbox account to send e-mails and the fact that you don't have a card tied to your account is somewhat helpful as you aren't trying to provide fictitious information during the recovery process and they should be able to see that.

Hopefully one of the Xbox Support members will be posting shortly and can see your case file to see the status and hopefully further assist or clarify what you can do next.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm very sorry that your having to deal with all this hassle Dennis,

Yes eG x Three Elf is correct the support personnel normally you think would see

the evidence that is on your console the serial number and connect it with your XBOX LIVE account.

I would say contact them again and if and when they ask for a survey you let them know in a respectful

manner that your unhappy with what has happened and explain it all then say this is why I'm looking at

a difference gaming console. When you say I'm leaving Xbox LIVE people due listen because they want to

keep their BIG XBOX LIVE FAMILY. On behalf of XBOX LIVE and MICROSOFT; I would like to apologize for this inconvenience and all the hassles you are going through.

----------------

A bit of friendly advice.

So you know this is the reason Security Proofs are so important.

I know I hate when I'm trying to log in to my account it will sometimes ask me

about security Proofs, yes it's annoying but Microsoft is looking out for you trying to

continue to keep your account secure in the face of all the people out there who

would want to steal it.

*~Kenji~*

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.