I was wowed by the Kinect create your character thing...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yeah that was pretty cool.

I know right, reminded me of some movie but I just can't remember where I saw that face thing...The Matrix?? Lawnmower man??

Sounds like lawnmower man

I wasn't too impressed. After all the scanning, he gets a Characture? Could have just picked that from a pallet. 

Lost I think it's just the style of the game, it targets a more female friendly audience, and children... it's a family guy afterall, guy gamers traditionally want realism, female audience and children want friendly cartoony graphics.

The Kinect2 baseline feature of face-scanning and updating the face in realtime (such as smiling and things) will have realism too if the developer wants realism, they can change the style to how they see fit.

[quote user="Dark destiny"]

Lost I think it's just the style of the game, it targets a more female friendly audience, and children... it's a family guy afterall, guy gamers traditionally want realism, female audience and children want friendly cartoony graphics.

The Kinect2 baseline feature of face-scanning and updating the face in realtime (such as smiling and things) will have realism too if the developer wants realism, they can change the style to how they see fit.

[/quote]That's fine and all but why even bother with anything to Scan if it's just a simple Avatar Pallet? I can understand their Art Style, I cannot understand the use of Kinect for getting such simple results.

Lost, like Dark said the face-scanning and updating in real time..U have to admit that was pretty awesome..

To create you in-game so you're not sat there like on most game positioning where eyebrow hair 1003 goes. Being a kinect game they want to utilise it as much as possible, and this is another way to do it. I can see this being in other games too eventually maybe more refined though.

Well i believe i read that the kinect is gonna be able to scan your face for your avatar and i think BF4 or COD cant remember which can scan your face for multilayer online.

[quote user="Lestat Phoenix"]

Lost, like Dark said the face-scanning and updating in real time..U have to admit that was pretty awesome..

[/quote]It was, right until it displayed his Avatar after all that Scanning. They (the Devs) should have Tried Harder.