I was in the promised land, now I'm in hell...lol

After receiving my Xbox One yesterday I got through all updates for the console and the installation/update of Ryse.  I finally got into the campaign of Ryse and played almost half way through, I then put in Dead Rising to install and it did.  I played that for about an hour before it eventually froze up (the game only not my console).  At this point I went to bed, when I got up today I played some more Dead Rising, it froze up once but after that it was fine for a while until it got reallllly slow and I saved and quit.  I then decided to install Battlefield, the installation stopped at about 8% I tried restarting the installation but it  stopped right away.  So I restarted the console then and the green Xbox One screen came up and then it went to black screen....and that's as far as I've gotten since then a black screen.

When the console comes on now the green screen comes up and during that the Kinect starts up, then the black screen, then the Kinect goes off and comes back on again and again...all while the black screen stays up....

HELP! :'( 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

please...anyone... :(

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

its broke man and you wont get a response from Microsoft.  But you can do what all the ambassadors will tell you to do.  Unplug the power from it for 10 minutes and try again. and it will fix NOTHING.

Sorry this didn't help.

At least you got to see what it looks like,  I've been fighting with Microsoft and best buy all day. Nobody wants to take responsibility for the issue. Why doesn't best buy have "extras" in the back for exchanges. So frustrating. Mine only has a black screen. Nothing else

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey CapricanToaster,

Sorry to hear about the problems that have come up with play. Are you able Now to get on the Xbox One home screen or are you  just stuck on blank screen? You can try this out to see if it reboots:

• While on, press and hold the power button on the console for 5 seconds( it will power off)
  • Unplug the power from the wall for 5 mins
  • Plug the power back in and power on the console
  • This will hopefully reboot the console.

Also try to swap out HDMI cables. Maybe for some reason you have a faulty cord.

Try these steps and let us know what you find out.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same issue! I refuse to put anymore time or money into this piece of crap. They really want us to pay to ship it back to them or $500 hold for a replacement. I'm out!

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you Mister Urkel for replying,

I tried all of those things with no success.  It is still starting up, showing me the Xbox One start screen and then going to a black screen and just staying on that.

Sorry this didn't help.

I had a similar issue a couple hours ago.

The screen went black, but I knew the console worked because I could hear the audio prompt when I said "Xbox" and when Kinect logged me in after startup.

My TV also showed that it had a signal from the HDMI even though the screen was blank.

Turning the console on/off normally did nothing.

I held down the power button until the light went out, and the light on the power adapter turned red.

I then turned the console on, and the green xbox one screen appeared.

It then showed a black screen for a few moments, then the xbox logo in the center and then at top right.

It may have shown black again, but eventually displayed the home screen.

I also had an issue with the HDMI IN going black, but selecting "HDMI:Connected" in the TV&OneGuide settings | Troubleshooting fixed it.

CapricanToaster, you mentioned your Kinect kept turning on/off.

Have you checked the connection to be sure it hasn't come loose (unfortunately, I wasn't looking at my Kinect as the system was starting)?

Sorry this didn't help.

@n4cer

Yea still just goes from the xbox one start up screen to a black screen and that's it, never gets to the home screen.  While my Xbox is on the black screen my Kinect continually goes on and off like it continually restarts itself.  Voice commands don't seem to work either when the Kinect IS on.  I unplugged and re-plugged in the Kinect and it seems to be hooked up right....Still hoping it works itself out haha

Sorry this didn't help.

my kinect has has gone dead in less than 1.5 hours, i am returning this scrap and buying ps4

Sorry this didn't help.