i was banned and would like to know why and for how long

good morning team,

my 11 year old son got my gamertag and console banned.........please let me know for what ,why and for how long ..........he was having a sleep over and im sure the boys got excited on the internet but it is my gamertag and  i am banned for something i didn't do or have knowlegde of until the ban he has since been punished

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 36 Applies to:

Microsoft do not un-ban previously banned consoles as they are permanent. They do not ban people's consoles/accounts lightly, they do so after several investigations.

The most common reason for a banned console is modifying it, but there are other reasons such as marketplace theft.

You might want to post in section 14 in order to get an official answer. Although they might just delete your thread and post a link like below as they do not discuss console bans.

Console Ban

You might also want to check out this thread.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The xbox bans lately are Ms ripping people off and banning alot of people that did nothing Ms is good at being scam artist...

Sorry this didn't help.

For the gamertag, you'll have to post here: forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

Did you get your suspension e-mail? Since you can log on here, it's possible your tag wasn't banned and just your system.

All console bans are forever and irreversible. He likely tried to open or mess with the xbox with hacked programs, though there are other ways it can happen. For more information see here at http://www.xbox.com/en-US/consoleban

Sorry this didn't help.