I want to Transfer data from a NEW SLIM MODEL HDD to another NEW SLIM MODEL HDD.

On September 20, 2011  the Gears of War 3 Limited edition Xbox 360 "Slim" will be released. It comes with 320 gig Hard Drive. I currently have the Halo Reach Limited edition Xbox 360 "Slim". It has a Hard Drive a 250 gig Hard Drive. I will want to transfer the data from the 250 gig HDD to the 320 gig HDD. I have tried to look up ways on youtube and google, but I can not find anything. I have a transfer cable from when I upgraded Hard Drives with the old model Xbox 360. That is how I got the data from the "Fatty" to the "Slim".

If there is not a current way to do this, Microsoft needs to release away with out using a USB memory stick. I have one, but it would take forever to transfer a over 100 gigs of memory on a tiny USB stick. Plus, wouldn't I also have to transfer the license of every arcade game and every piece of DLC I own?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 200 Applies to:

Hi there.

Unfortunately at this time Microsoft have not released a transfer cable for the new xbox 360 S consoles. Currently the only way to transfer content between two versions of this console is to use an external hard drive / memory stick, as you pointed out. As for your DLC licenses, you transfer those online via the DRM Tool.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Could I just transfer the licenses over to my new xbox and download the items at another time? Some things I won't need right away, but I would like to get them eventually.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="EvilFriedBacon"]Could I just transfer the licenses over to my new xbox and download the items at another time? Some things I won't need right away, but I would like to get them eventually[/quote]

You can definitely do that: perform the License Transfer procedure, but don't bother re-downloading everything right away. It might turn out to be less convenient-- what if your Internet connection isn't as reliable and you can't stay signed in to Xbox Live, or your gamertag or console get suspended from Xbox Live, or there are other people who want to play on your console when you aren't signed in? (Caution: don't re-download something on another console, such as a friend's, before you've re-downloaded once at home on the new console or you'll tie the transferred license to the other console.)

You might not really have 100 GB to transfer, even if that much space is taken up on your current HDD. For example, installed game disc images can't be transferred because they're tied to the console that installed them. (The current version of the Transfer utility built in to the dashboard won't transfer those images over the transfer cable, 'cause they'd be useless on the new console.)

One advantage to transferring your maps & arcade games & what not by a USB stick rather than re-downloading it all is that after you've done the License Transfer, the license downloading is really quick if the actual content is sitting on your current HDD. But the saved games are the only things you really need to copy over by hand.

Sorry this didn't help.

How do you transfer stuff from a xbox 360 slim 250 GB HDD.. to the le gears of war 3 xbox 360 slim so  do you do that on a thingy or something all i need to transfer is my profile on to that xbox what do you use anyway and how!

Sorry this didn't help.

Would it be possible to remove the HDD from a slim console and insert it into another slim console?

Sorry this didn't help.

@iTzZ x Burns

Yes, that is possible to do. The Xbox 360 S hard drives are compatible with any Xbox 360 S console. 

If you are wondering how to remove the hard drive, see this page for how to insert and remove a hard drive. 

Let us know if you need any more assistance. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

That is correct, but useless when someone is trying to upgrade from a 250 GB HD to a 320 GB HD.

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you transfer memory from a Xbox 360 slim to an older Xbox 360 ?

Sorry this didn't help.

Could you use a sata to usb cable to mimic what the 'fatty' transfer cable does?

Sorry this didn't help.