I want to thank Microsoft

Well, I recently bought Gears of War 2, I know, I'm late to the game, but I decided it was time for dad to enjoy the Kids Xbox.

Took the game home, fired up the Xbox 360, and the damn tray wouldn't open. 10 months old, and it was Fubar. This old coot was not a happy chappy.

Managed to jimmy the tray open, only to find the disc inside had suspicious fingerprints and tooth marks on it, turns out my three year old twin sons had discovered the fun in opening and closing the tray, and had managed to knock the tray off its rails, and it wouldn't open or close any more.

Took the unit back to the Harvey Norman store, and handed it in for repair, fully expecting a repair bill, as there is no warranty on earth that counters the damage my twin terror tots can create.

Two weeks later I get a call from Harvey Norman, the unit is ready for collection. Brand New. Replaced by Microsoft. No Charge. 1 Month Gold Membership thrown in, and to cap it off, an APOLOGY for the inconvenience.

So, a big thanks to Microsoft for covering my repair, and in a very timely fashion, I'm very impressed by the level of service.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

haha, wow a thread thanking Microsoft, I thought this was going to be a troll thread when I opened it. Well I'm glad that you had a pleasant experience with your Xbox/Microsoft.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="AchillesJG"]

Well, I recently bought Gears of War 2, I know, I'm late to the game, but I decided it was time for dad to enjoy the Kids Xbox.

Took the game home, fired up the Xbox 360, and the damn tray wouldn't open. 10 months old, and it was Fubar. This old coot was not a happy chappy.

Managed to jimmy the tray open, only to find the disc inside had suspicious fingerprints and tooth marks on it, turns out my three year old twin sons had discovered the fun in opening and closing the tray, and had managed to knock the tray off its rails, and it wouldn't open or close any more.

Took the unit back to the Harvey Norman store, and handed it in for repair, fully expecting a repair bill, as there is no warranty on earth that counters the damage my twin terror tots can create.

Two weeks later I get a call from Harvey Norman, the unit is ready for collection. Brand New. Replaced by Microsoft. No Charge. 1 Month Gold Membership thrown in, and to cap it off, an APOLOGY for the inconvenience.

So, a big thanks to Microsoft for covering my repair, and in a very timely fashion, I'm very impressed by the level of service.

[/quote]

Well  so happy for you mate that is awsome news but most of these threads "TY Microsoft "usually are Sarcasm towards  MS , definitely good to see people being happy rather then miserable 

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="AchillesJG"] I'm very impressed by the level of service.[/quote]

Thought this was srs till I read this

Sorry this didn't help.

I thought it was going to be sarcasm too until i got to "Teeth Marks"   :P

Does Harvey Norman do trade-ins on twins?

Sorry this didn't help.