I want to switch

I just bought a Surface Pro so I'm trying to get my Microsoft ecosystem right. So, I started using my outlook.com account as my new microsoft account for my surface. I have used a different account as both my Xbox and Zune email address/account. I noticed that I can switch my microsoft account associated with my gamertag on the sticky. Will this switch all my Zune info as well? I want all my info, purchases, etc. from my zune and xbox account available on my surface. See below for the excerpt from sticky.

"I want to change the Microsoft Account email associated with my GT"
If for any reason you want to change the email you have associated with your account, all you need to do is follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the Settings Hub (far right on the dashboard) and select Account.
      2. Navigate to Your Information panel and select Account Security.
      3. Select Change Microsoft Account.
      4. Select Yes once you have created a new Microsoft Account.
      5. Enter the password for your current Microsoft Account.
      6. Enter the Microsoft Account and password you would like to use.
      7. Complete the prompts to save your change.

I have not done this yet but if it works for my zune stuff along with my xbox stuff I will be very happy. If not, is there some way to accomplish this?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I meant to change the subject... oops

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

bump

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey LCTDeuce, I'm afraid there is no way to merge two Microsoft Accounts. You should be able to sign into the Xbox Music client using your current Zune pass and play music from there or sign into Zune while signed into your W8 account though!

Sorry this didn't help.

The account for my Zune is the SAME account that I use for my xbox gamer tag. If I use the method above to switch my gamertag to my outlook.com account what affect will this have on my zune account. I do not use a zune pass I have just purchased random music with it. And no I cannot sign in to the xbox music with a different account without totally signing out of windows and signing back in, which I do not want to do for obvious reasons. I just want my music and gamer tag on my new outlook.com account.

_

Correct me if I'm wrong but the first post in this thread is how to do that right? Well what effect will this have on the music side of the account?

_

Thank you for your help

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Deuce. So you can change your Zune email within the Zune program itself. If you go to Settings>Account, click on My Account, and it will lead you through that process. Let us know if you need any more help!

Sorry this didn't help.

Once I switched my gamertag to the new account the zune info took care of itself and showed up on my Surface. So, just switching my gamertag to my account that I used to log into my Surface the Xbox games and Xbox music populated accordingly on the Surface

Sorry this didn't help.