I want to close my account

I want to close my account because the system of having to have an account in the first place just so i can save a freaking game, is a little annyoing i just want my account closed. I am refunding Bioshock 2 ( game i bought on steam) since it does not seem to be working. The code it gives you when your first install it won't work saying it isn't valid.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 147 Applies to:

To close your account simply contact phone support for the country in which you reside. For america the number is 1-800-4MY-XBOX. If you need the number for a foreign country simply post it below and i will get it for you.

Games purchased on steam will not work on GFWL. Only games that have the "games for windows" logo on top of the box will work on the network that uses gamertags.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm a little confused. Steam codes do not work on Xbox Live. Clarify? 

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

Sorry this didn't help.

Steam is a PC platform separate to Windows Live however there are some games on Steam that use the Windows Live service. There is no way to buy games on Steam and play them on xbox. Only games (on Steam) that have the Game for Windows logo on them are playable with your gamertag (through the Games for Windows service on PC).

If you need a refund for that game (I'm not sure if Valve allow refunds or if you are to contact the publisher or if Steams ToS prevent refunds) you should contact Valve/Steam Support (support.steampowered.com) about this though.

-Hope this helps if not please clarify your problem more.

Sorry this didn't help.