I want to buy a new HD for my old console. What issues should I be aware of?

My old 20gb HD is just not enough these days. I can get a 120 gb HD pretty easily, but I want to know if there's anything I should be aware of first. I don't think I'll really need to transfer any old saves from old HD. If I want to play older saves I figure I can pop in the old hard drive. I believe that I will need to reauthorize my new HD for my XBLA games and other digital purchases. Does anyone have a link to where I can find out how to do this? Aside from these issues, is there anything else I should take into consideration?

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hey Michael.

DLC licences are tied to your gamer-tag and console, not the HDD. So all you need to do is re-download any of your purchased DLC onto your new HDD.
You can find all your DLC listed in your download history, either in the account management section of your dash or using the link below

If you do decide you want to move your saves to the new HDD you can use a correctly formatted USB flash-drive to move your game saves and profile over to the new console, then use your download history to re-download everything over.

Hope this covers it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you very much. It sounds like I won't experience many issues then.

Sorry this didn't help.

You are most welcome, anytime :).

You should not have any issues at all, but if something unexpected comes up give us a shout....

Sorry this didn't help.