I turn auto-renew off, still can't take a credit card off?

First off, why does MS have to do a continual Ponzi scheme setup for anything, including the reasoning on this support forum as to why you need to call to get a non-essential credit card off my account... YET you can add forty ways to pay?

Found a workaround to turn the auto-renew off from the Xbox gangsters. Now I notice I cannot take the credit card that I paid with? The money was taken off the card, the auto-renew is OFF. Why can't I take the credit card off? The reasoning takes me to this dead link when I try to remove the credit card...

https://billing.microsoft.com/Error.aspx?errcode=10501

All this while using IE. Thanks, MS gangsters.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

In all likelihood auto-renewal isn't actually turned off with your workaround. Give support a call support.xbox.com/call-us and get them to turn off the renewal and remove the card.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

So long as you have gold on your account they can't remove the card without reverting you back to silver.  Definitely call them to ensure the auto renew is turned off then wait for your membership to revert to silver to remove your card.

Sorry this didn't help.

im done with xbox, i had less than 10 dollars left in my bank account (debit card) so i went out and bought a 3 month card and turned off auto renewal because it wouldnt let me remove my card from my account. but it still ended up taking money from my account without even giving me another month. now im 14 and i owe 40 dollars and every week its gonna increase by 10 dollars. does anyone know how to take a card off. im just about to sell my xbox.

Sorry this didn't help.

You need to call support to turn off auto renewal.  As for taking a card off the account you have to wait until the account reverts to silver.  

In regards to the amount owing, odds are that your purchasing privileges on that account have been suspended until you pay off the amount.

Sorry this didn't help.

i have the same issue i canceled the automatic renewal on the xbox 360 website and they are still taking money from my bank, i am being charged £9.00 a month for zune which i didn't know or agree to. whats the point of canceling on the website if they still take the payments. xbox is a joke 100 ways to help pay for any xbox services but no help in canceling the payments. i tried the website is just gives me dead ends.

Sorry this didn't help.

Zune is a separate service from Xbox Live. So even though you cancelled auto-renewal for Live, you still have to cancel Zune separately - www.zune.net/.../updateorcancelzunepass.htm

Sorry this didn't help.