I think the update is messing up my connection?

Hi, so before the most recent major update my connection was great & I could play as long as I want online. Since the update I haven't had so much luck, if I can even get signed into live, I'm only on for 10 minutes to an hour before I get disconnected. There hasn't been a day since the update where I haven't had trouble signing in and staying signed in.

The suggestions it gives me to fix it don't do any good, I can't connect my xbox to my router or modem, they're in completely different rooms so that wouldn't help. It also tells me every single time to reset my router or modem and I'm not doing that anymore because it's tiresome to have to keep going back and forth every 10 minutes just to reset it, walk back, and get another message that says to reset it.

Also, if I can get connected eventually it boots me off, I can sign back in, but anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes to an hour later I get kicked again, and the cycle of signing in and getting kicked off starts.

Has anyone else had any problems like this? :/ is there anyway to fix it?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hello! We'll help you get to the bottom of this! :) First however, we do need to get some more information about your network first. Can you review our START HERE sticky, then post the information it requests in bold? That will help us help you. Thanks! :) forums.xbox.com/.../811997.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.