I think Mass Effect killed my xbox

It happened about two maybe three weeks ago the same time the news about the mass effect 3 update came out that it was causing peoples xbox's to freeze and crash along with various other problems like never-ending loading. Whatever the update did my xbox has completely decided I'll have no fun out of it. It works fine in dashboard, it will allow me to play demos, game videos, arcade trials and dvd's. But it will not let me play any games I own whether its a disc or not, nor can i use netflix. Games and netflix will freeze without warning. the xbox makes no grindings sounds and no noises when it does this, its actually very silent. Its in a ventilated place and has taken no abuse I can account for.

My friends who play mass effect have had a similiar problem though only during mass effect, other friends are completely unaffected. I havent looked for assistance on the problem because i assumed since it was an update that caused many xboxs to crash, they would and should release an update to fix it, i read recently that it was fixed , but my xbox still has the same problems. I have a warranty but i do not want to trade in a xbox and transfer gigabytes worth of licenses and downloads to my new xbox only to find out when i try to play mass effect 3 that the update kills that xbox too.

So if anyone had this problem and fixed it please tell me how, i already cleared the cache multiple times and have gone back to mass effect to download the recent updates in hopes it would fix it. If anyone still has this problem, speak up

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey Born, I'm very sorry to hear about the issues with your Xbox 360 console! Okay, it sounds like your console is having random freezes, correct? If so, have you had a chance to try this guide yet? It's known to resolve most freeze issues. 

As for the question about Mass Effect, we haven't seen any correlation between that game's updates and system issues. As for the question of licenses, you can actually transfer all of your licenses to a new console, if that ends up being necessary. :-) 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.