I think I got hacked. CODE 80151006.

I never had to sign in with a password to get on my account and today I get on and i have to have a password.  I wrote down the previous password and I tried it and it did not work, and I know I didn't change it.  I went to my mircosoft account and changed it and it still did not work.  The code was 80151006

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 23 Applies to:

Error 81051006 suggests missing proofs. Microsoft Accounts now require 'proof' data, to allow you to 'prove' who you are using 'Two-Factor Verification'. This is wise given that off-the-shelf hardware and easily found open source software can crack passwords in very little time (see http://arstechnica.com/security/2012/12/25-gpu-cluster-cracks-every-standard-windows-password-in-6-hours/ ).

So, since Microsoft is security minded and protects your account data, they added proofs to secure your account. And, since Xbox LIVE accounts are built on top of Microsoft Account security, that applies to gamers like you and me. Proofs are:

1) A phone # (preferably a cell # to text you a message - very convenient when away from home)

2) An alternate email address (which can be used to send a password reset confirmation to)

3) A 'Trusted PC' (requires Windows Vista or later + the free Microsoft Windows Live Essentials app - very optional and won't work on a Mac or Linux boxen)

4) A Security Question and Secret Answer

If you don't have these filled in, you will be required to do to, so visiting http://account.live.com/and clicking on Edit security info is a good idea.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/liveid-wlsecurity/two-factor-authentication-tfa-what-is-a-microsoft/79321863-cf01-44f3-a181-87f531c5129e

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there,

if the steps provided by Vibroplex doesn´t solve the issue,

try the following steps, .

-

1. Check account.live.com/.../manage to see if at least two security proofs are setup and verified (This is the step Vibroplex already mentiones, so this can be skipped if done already)

2. Delete your profile from the console, be sure to delete only the profile, to do so check this link: support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

3. Clear the console cache, see this link for the how to: support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

4. Turn the console off.  

5. Turn the console on.  

6. Clear the console cache one more time

7. Redownload your profile.(See the same link as 2.) you might have to enter the security verification afterwards and all should be fine again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh and to reassure you, I personally don't think you have been hacked

Sorry this didn't help.

same thing happened to me just now, signed in Xbox account on my pc and this guy bought 70$ worth of things..

If this happens to you, probably been hacked!

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry to hear it SilentKiller.  However, as this thread is over 2 years old I would recommend creating a new one detailing your issue for better assistance.

In the meantime you can contact phone support if you feel you've lost access to your account.  If you live in North America dial 1-800-469-9269

Sorry this didn't help.