I signed up with a gmail account

I am new to the xbox system I just recently switched over from a ps3. I didn't know when signing up to make an account on my xbox that I needed a microsoft account, therefore I used my gmail account and found out that I must have a microsoft account in order to log in..

I tried transferring the account through the xbox by going through the Account Settings and changing my microsoft account but every time it sends an error saying: "Sorry we can't transfer the account at this time" or something like that..

How do I transfer my gmail account to a microsoft account?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 752 Applies to:

Sorry for the double post, but since I figured that I needed a new account, I decided to create an email using the microsoft email. I created one, and tried again through my xbox to change it but it says it already has an xbox membership... But I had just made it..

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there,

-

you don't need an microsoft email account to be able to have an Microsoft Account. You can use a gmail email account for a Microsoft Account. (The email address is only the ID for the account).

-

When you use the gmail account to create a Xbox Live account, you will first need to create a Microsoft Account for that gmail account.

-

To understand the current situation correctly, can you please explain the following.

1. Do you already have a xbox live account connected to that gmail account?

2. How and where did you create that Microsoft Account, and what have you done with it so far?

3. Also give as much information as possible for what exactly you want to achieve?

-

Let us know the results :-)

Sorry this didn't help.

1. I created the account through my XBOX and it asked for a Microsoft account. I typed in my gmail account and registered through my XBOX with it. I tried logging into my account with the Microsoft login, on this website, but it says it doesn't exist.

2. I created it through my xbox, I registered for XBOX LIVE through my xbox, not on this website. I have played some GTA ONLINE but that is all that I have currently done with it, because I don't know how to log into it via this website.

3. Well, I want to be able to log into my account in case I need to cancel any services in the future.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Sorry this didn't help.

You should be able to use the exact details to login to this site that you used to create the account on the Xbox console.

So if you used your gmail account and when it asked for a Microsoft Account and it created the profile and you are able to download demo's etc, then a Microsoft Account was created with that gmail account as ID.

So you should be able to login with that gmail account on xbox.com

-

So in short, use the exact details (email + password) that you used on the xbox console, to be able to login at xbox.com (and all other ms account sites)

Sorry this didn't help.