I seemed to have have purchased a banned xbox 360

I went to my local pawn shop yesterday and picked up a 200$ xbox 360 phat console with the warranty sticker still intact, I stop by Gamestop and pick up black ops II, I come home and hook up my xbox to my ethernet and all is set to go, i start it up and go test connection, it says my console is banned, I contacted the pawn shop owner about this and he said all sales are final, so i cannot get refunded, I would like to be able to play on xbox live with my xbox, and Play black ops II, I made this account on the website and I want to put gold to it but not until this can be resolved,Please help me out here

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hey I'm sorry to hear about that, unfortunately once a console is banned it's pretty much impossible to get it unbanned, I know you said they told you all sales are final but thats something they should've checked before purchasing it and definitely before selling it, you make have to try to speak to someone in management

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Doesn't sound right that they wont give you a refund.

If they were selling you a banned console then they should have told you. If they didn't tell you then they have sold you a faulty device. It's faulty because for most people an xbox that cant connect to live is useless.

Surely there must be laws where you live against selling a faulty device?

In the UK we could contact trading standards for things like this. Isn't there are similar organisation you could contact in your country?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately, this happens all the time.

I've bought banned xbox's from even Gamestop, sometimes.. they just don't check. However, The pawn shop shouldn't be sticking you with the banned console. That is totally messed up business. You could contact the BBB on them. You should take the xbox up there and demand the refund or a different console.

Sorry this didn't help.