I recoverd my Xbox LIVE account but unathorized charge was made while my account was compromised!

My Xbox360 LIVE account was comprised today. I don't know how since I am careful with what I click on and I don't share my passwords with anyone. During the time that my account was compromised, a charge was made through my xbox account because I had my credit card connected to my xbox live account. A purchase of 4000 microsoft points was made from ZUNE, and my own 480-600 MS points are gone.

I first aware of this when I couldn't log into my account because I didn't have valid information or something similar. Then I couldn't log in on the website. So I changed my password and then was able to. I checked my bank website and noticed a purchase was made on my account.

I was able to change my password and remove my card from the xbox account.

I was wondering, if I called a representative at xbox, and told them my situation,  would be able to refund my money?

I've read similar incidents of this occuring, and they're account was put under investigation only to have their account locked later on. So that's another thing that I'm worried about. And it's in a way frustrating that I have to risk telling a representative that my account was compromised in fear of my account being suspended. Hopefully that's not the case with me.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 24 Applies to:

Good Luck. My account was hacked on Auguest 4th and I still have not been refunded/able to play on xbox. My suggestion is to just file a BBB report now and get it over with. I just did.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

forums.xbox.com/.../101493.aspx

Is the forum of my complaint.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there! What you should do is contact phone support (support.xbox.com/contact-us) and ask to start an Unauthorized Access investigation. They will determine if the money was spent/charge by someone else and discus possible options with you for resolution.

Sorry this didn't help.

i think i may have got hacked cuase my friend was hacked and i was playing a game and randomly disconnected and cant get back on last time i checked

Sorry this didn't help.

nvm i got my account back but for some reason it wouldent let me delete this post

Sorry this didn't help.