I really don't understand why...

...almost everyone who is permanently banned is either a CoD modder or has had 30+ forced gamertag changes for CoC violations.

Why do people feel the need to cheat in such a drastic way, just to be the best at a game? All it does is make them look like idiots.

Why do people not take the hint after the first few forced name changes? How hard is it to think of a gamertag that is decent. I have seen many gamertags that I thought were humorous and/or interesting and were in no way offensive or rude.

I am the only one who wonders how these people cope in the real world?

It doesn't take much common sense to know what is in the Code of Conduct without reading it. I managed it several years ago.

Does anyone know the reason for their behaviour?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

sup broseph.

idiocy is a part of life, simple as that, no matter where you go (be it the real world or online); you will always find 'rulebreakers'.

they get punished, dont learn from it, and get punished again, and thus the circle of idiocy is born.

From what i can gather most of the gamerscore, avatar colour, game modding started about 1/2 way through COD4 and yet majority of the young ones thinks its cool to do so.

Also it doesnt help that the developers cannot support their game or have a decent secuirty system.

for these people losing a console of gamertag means nothing as mummy/daddy or other family member will get them a new one just to stop them crying, as for the grown ups doing it, consoles are'nt expensive as they used to be and neither is a gold subscription so just being able to have moment of "oh im a hacker/modder/uber tech hero" is worth it to them.

MW2 opened the door on this world to the Xbox and PS3 community.....MS do all thats in their power to do but it wont ever be enough, its now part of the COD community DNA.......it will be a part of every COD game that will come, just look at what has happened to every COD title from MW2 backwards and if its not hackers or modders its morons trying to boost or using offensive emblems etc

You dont need to understand why they exist, just avoid the games they *** up online...they are after all...just pew pew bang bang games

Some people like to see what they can get away with, as for modders, some like to test things out whereas some are just idiots

Idiots, young or old, are everywhere and there's no stopping them. I just laugh at their stupidity

"Why do people feel the need to cheat in such a drastic way, just to be the best at a game?"

Cheaters will never be the best at the game they are cheating on. It's only their own epeen that's stroked for a shot period of time before they are found out. For some though this is enough of a justification to do whatever it is they are doing to spoil thousands of other players enjoyment.

I was talking to some kid the other day who had over 400,000 gamerscore, which he insisted was 'legit'. When I pointed out that he achieved it all on the same day, and got all his online achievements offline, he went very quiet and left the game. Still, I bet all his school friends still think he's '1337'...

They do it because they think it's "cool" to hack/mod. And no prizes for guessing which franchise is most prone to hacking/modding.

Because they don't care.  

They thinks its cool to follow a youtube video with a link to put into a memory stick,

It made me laugh this 1 time when this kid doing 10th lobbies said he had my IP and could boot me offline when ever he wanted too.

His epenis Is huuuuuuuuge