I predict avatar item sales to go way down.

The new dashboard makes it a hassle to check out your friends list let alone see the new duds and props people have.  It is now so much easier to use the Guide button to see friends and join parties that it almost makes our avatars obsolete.  I used to like avatar awards and bought the odd thing now and again, now I can't see myself doing that.  No sir, I don't like it.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yawn another whiner.

Way to add to the conversation, woo hoo another winner!  :)

Don't mind him/her. They like trolling. It's in their sig for crying out loud.

They are taking guns etc away from avatars soon supposedly so I see sales going down anyway. The stuff is way over priced though to be honest.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

I doubt them taking away 2 guns (Gears of War 3 items) will hinder the sales.  @OP -- Not that i've purchased a lot of items for my avatar, but I surely don't buy them for my friends to look at.  I buy them for myself, because I like that specific thing.

I don't mind avatars, but I think there should be more integration on how they are used globally. Right now there really isn't a need for them since most people just have their disc in their console and go right into the game. I feel that Microsoft is trying to compete with the Wii in that you "avatar" is the equivalent to their "Mii". So Xbox players have something to play around with just like all the Wii players out there.

Although it's pretty old hat now.  

I wouldn't mind the avatars or buying something for mine every once in a while if they had a use. If there were more games that utilized them like Scene It or the new TV game show games from UBI. Or give us a place like Sony's Home, to socialize. At least the avatars on the Wii & PS3 are useful. The 360 versions just seem like white elephants, implimented to appear useful & to make more money for MS.

[quote user="OG Pooh"]implimented to appear useful & to make more money for MS.[/quote]

lol but I got to ask, what else are they supposed to do?

[quote user="LostKauz"]

[quote user="OG Pooh"]implimented to appear useful & to make more money for MS.[/quote]

lol but I got to ask, what else are they supposed to do?

[/quote]

Um, did you read my entire post?

Use them in more games than the handful now available. Set up a place like HOME, where users can socialize, play games & do other stuff. Get creative in some other way than having them simply stand there on the dashboard. They're pretty much useless except for generating revenue.

[quote user="OG Pooh"]

I wouldn't mind the avatars or buying something for mine every once in a while if they had a use. If there were more games that utilized them like Scene It or the new TV game show games from UBI. Or give us a place like Sony's Home, to socialize. At least the avatars on the Wii & PS3 are useful. The 360 versions just seem like white elephants, implimented to appear useful & to make more money for MS.

[/quote]

Place to hang out, Avatar Kinect.

-

And don't respond back will a long rant. Why you continue to post on the forums is beyond me if all you do is complain. You don't see me on the Playstation forums making fun or their service.

I'm surprised that the Avatars aren't on the Home pane to be honest.

-

Part of why I bought items in the past was that the Avatar was in a prominent position on the dashboard. Now they are tucked away on Social and I rarely stop there, quickly skipping over to the video options.