I owe Microsoft money?

I have occurred a problem.

I had used my father's credit card to pay for my Xbox Live membership, but after it was paid, he wanted me to remove his card off of my account.

Since I had purchased a 12 month membership, I had to transfer the membership to another credit card to be able to remove my father's.

I used a prepaid credit card that was empty (it had no more credit on it).

The only thing was that after the 12 months had gone by, I noticed that I still had Xbox Live membership, so I went to check in my billing info, and noticed that the empty card was billed 10.34$CAD for membership, that I did not want. So I cancelled my membership immediately after seeing that.

I read in the support section of the website that I had to turn off auto-renewal; I did so.

But I still owe 10.34$ for something I didn't want.

Is there any way to get rid of that negative balance without adding in a new credit card? (I find this is getting pretty complicated and frustrating).

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 262 Applies to:

Phone support would be the only ones who would be able to help with a billing issue like this.

Though, if it had been on a year, it should have renewed another year, not a month to month. Probably should have them take a look at that, as a year can be cancelled and refunded within the first 30 days.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

since it does sound like a month to month membership so the 12month membership was a prepaid card and you had purchased a month to month promotion?

no there is no refunds on 1 month memberships and the payment must be made and replaced

you can call support to remove the card once you paid off the balance

turning off autorenewal after renewal doesn't stop pending balances

its pretty simple if you want to cancel or not continue a service you always call to have it turned off

cancelation requires a phone call to support

Sorry this didn't help.

Why did you wait an entire year to find out about auto renewal? If you just spent a few minutes reading the XBL Terms of Service when you initially created the account you would have known about auto renewal and you could have avoded the entire mess you are in right now.

You will need to contact phone support and pay off the balance owed before you can add any more Live time to that account. And no pre-paid cards do not pay towards the balance owed.

Sorry this didn't help.