I No Longer Have an Xbox

I have had the worst experience with Microsoft's customer service regarding  my banned console and let's just say I no longer have it. I was told to go to these forums and post in section 14 by someone on the phone and told them about my BANNED CONSOLE. Don't these guys know anything about banned consoles and MS's policy on them? They told me to come here 3x knowing I'd be redirected to that inane page that describes why I may have been banned and that there is no way, no how, no chance of me getting to talk to anyone about it. So thank you MS for forever destroying the saying that the customer is always right. You accused me of doing something I did not do and don't even give me a chance to defend myself. For crying out loud, even OJ Simpson got the chance to defend himself and he killed two people! Did you even know that these hackers have infiltrated Treyarch's Black Ops servers? No you didn't! A guy at Gamestop had to tell me that I got hacked. And here's the best part...He told me I was playing Black Ops and accepted a private game invite from someone I didn't know. I was amazed that he surmised this when your geniuses, wait only Apple customer service can be called that, your minions had no idea that this was even happening. This horrendous customer service deserves nothing but the scorn of millions of people who get banned for no reason or get hacked like I did. I am now going to replace every game I have and buy the PS3 versions and play on their FREE network. At least when Sony messed up, they admitted it and gave me 2 free games. If I was just given a reason or offered a refurbished or new Xbox for a discount or, even better, for free, that would have cleaned this whole mess up. Why didn't anyone offer to wipe my system clean or listen to my story and maybe they can trace these hackers that infiltrated my console? Because Microsoft is horrible and selfish! I was even lucky enough to have never gotten the Red Ring of Death and 4 years later, this happens. How dare you insinuate that I'm a modder, a hacker, a thief, and a fraud! That's borderline libelous! Yet here I stand with a shelf in front of me empty. The Xbox that sat there for years is no longer here. You can have it back Microsoft. I don't want to be associated with you and your products anymore. Thanks for making me lose something I worked hard for and bought with my own money. Thanks for destroying my faith in humanity. But most of all, thanks for enforcing my belief that Apple will always kick you to the ground when it comes to products and services. If Apple made a console and it was hacked and I told them it was, they would investigate, they would talk to me, they would keep me in the loop, and if there was no other recourse as to how to fix it, and I was found not at fault, I would have walked out of that store with a shiny new console. You fail at everything. This world belongs to Apple and Google now. You are a dinosaur just like HP and RIM. May whatever god you believe in have mercy on your souls...Oh wait, you don't have any to start with. Peace out. Catch you all on the PSN! (Written on a NEW MacBook Pro that was given to me by Apple after they couldn't fix my old one due to an issue that I did not cause.) 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

i think this is alittle over the top but i have to agree to some extent

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry to see you go. Unfortunately we can't control you joining private matches with people who you don't know. We're not responsible for games that you join or what you do in those games. It's the responsibility of the user at all times (if they are on their account, or if someone using their account). So, sorry to hear about your problem but the only way you'd be able to get back on XBOX Live after having a banned console would be to pure and simply buy a new one. Doing the same sort of things done on here (ie: joining a private match by someone whom you do not know) will get you banned on the Playstation Network and console as well, so please don't be so quick to judge and say since PSN is free it's the best, most certainly not. Not trying to be a fan boy here, I have all 3 systems, I think the XBOX's dashboard is honestly the best and least cluttered of them all, and they have a party system which works. I love certain games on the Playstation 3 like Little Big Planet 2 and Resistance but I hardly play them because I have to deal with dumb issues like voice chat not working correctly and connection issues. The ones that people have here I have there, so you can't really say each service is "better" than each other. At the end of the day it's about preference, and that's all it comes down to.

Sorry this didn't help.

live life and play fair

you will never get baned or kicked out of any service or club that way

there used to be a method to challenge console bans but it proved unpopular due to 100% of the people actually knew why they were baned and couldn't deal with the consequences

permante ban of all profiles associated with the baned console and all DLCs

Sorry this didn't help.

the disappearance of posts saying they were baned for no reason was a big clue and no big media storm over unbaned consoles

Sorry this didn't help.

So true.

Sorry this didn't help.

Support gave you the correct info, they do not deal with policy enforcement on LIVE, nor do they have access to any information pertaining to action taken against someones account/console or both.
The console ban FAQ page is all the info available about console bans and unfortunately the xblpet do not discuss them. (I do think they should tell someone exactly what they did to have their console banned then they might avoid a repeat of it in the future if they buy a new console.

Xbox 360 Consoles can't get hacked over LIVE, what your suggesting is someone remotely accessed your console over the LIVE network (which is a secure and policed network unlike PSN). And then did something to it which resulted in you being banned?, that's not possible I'm afraid.

And I'm curious how this guy from Gamestop knows what happened. It sounds like he took a guess but I'm afraid his answer is incorrect and he is woefully misinformed.
There is no MP matchmaking modding in black ops.And just for arguments sake if there were joining a single modded game would not result in a console ban on the 1st strike.

Sorry this didn't help.

MS APOLOGIZED!!! They made a mistake and reinstated my console along with 3 months free of Live and 1600 points for the store. I'm still appalled by their customer service taking a month to answer me but here we are...I'm still just gonna buy all games for my PS3 unless they are Xbox exclusive like Forza 4 coz I can't get me enough of Top Gear and Jeremy Clarkson and the gang is enough to make me go back on my promise...POWERRRR!!!!

Sorry this didn't help.