i needs help plzzzz

okay so every time i get microsoft points at the store as soon as i redeem it it says error 8016A04B and thn i went to look for support on here and it said im in a different region or sumthin and i dnt kno how to change it. so far i have bought 4000 points tht didnt work thn 1600 points and another 1600 points today tht dnt work and i feel like poop now .-. help plzz

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If you see error code 8016a04b when you redeem a prepaid code on Xbox LIVE, the prepaid code that you're trying to use doesn't match the country or region of your account. The only way to solve this issue is to make sure your region code on Xbox LIVE matches the country of which your prepaid card came from. 

To change your region code, you are able to do so here! You may only do this once a year, so if you move to a different country, you will have to wait until said year is up. In other words, you may also have to create a new account to be able to redeem prepaid cards. Make sure you are matching region codes with the country you live in.

Let me know if you have any other questions! Cheers!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank alot!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

No problem! Hope everything worked out! =]

Sorry this didn't help.